Iranian Music

Meddle
Meddle
05/14/2005 3:00 pm
Hello
here is some information abou this kind of music!
There are a lot of diffrences between Iranian music and the classic one!
As you know we have just 12 tones in classic music.but in Iranian's there are some another kind of tones names "coron".this symbols make the distance shorter between the tones.
Another point about this kind of music is the Octaves.In Iranian music we have some musical Mechanism calls "Dastgah"that classic music doesn't have that!Like Isfahan and Mahoor and Shoor or .....
Instruments in this kind of music are diffrent.they are the oldest musical instrument in all over the world!And most of'em are stringly.like Setar, Santur, Tar, Tanboor and ....
There are some documents that show that Guitar is an Iranian instrument.
the name of instrument shows this = Gui + tar."Tar" is an Iranian word means
String and it used for naming an Instrument!!!
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/14/2005 3:03 pm
A friend of mine has a Tanboor and it's a twisted little instrument... I love it.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
05/15/2005 1:55 am
Originally Posted by: MeddleHello
here is some information abou this kind of music!
There are a lot of diffrences between Iranian music and the classic one!
As you know we have just 12 tones in classic music.but in Iranian's there are some another kind of tones names "coron".this symbols make the distance shorter between the tones.
Another point about this kind of music is the Octaves.In Iranian music we have some musical Mechanism calls "Dastgah"that classic music doesn't have that!Like Isfahan and Mahoor and Shoor or .....
Instruments in this kind of music are diffrent.they are the oldest musical instrument in all over the world!And most of'em are stringly.like Setar, Santur, Tar, Tanboor and ....
There are some documents that show that Guitar is an Iranian instrument.
the name of instrument shows this = Gui + tar."Tar" is an Iranian word means
String and it used for naming an Instrument!!!

That's incredibly interesting! I'm trying break from "western" (European classical) based music and learn more about non-western (Middle-Eastern, South-East Asian, and East-Asian) music. The more I learn the more I respect and appreciate the vast complexities of that form of music.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 3
Meddle
Meddle
05/17/2005 2:18 pm
Hi again
thanks for your really good replay.
I am really happy that you are searching for the Iran music.
If you want a music of Iranian's just mail me on Pink_floyd_brick@yahoo.com
Iranian musics that have singer orbits around the poems.
as you may know Iranian poems are the best kind of poems in all over the world.(Buy the Shams poem book by Moulana written in over 700 years ago)
and something more: Iranian Instruments are smaller than classic's.because the musicians that lived in the past years play them in their aloneness!music was just an effect of their hearts!so the sounds are very low!
# 4
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/18/2005 3:13 pm
Originally Posted by: PonyOnei'd like to get a 36 fret guitar made at some point (extra frets from what is normally the 1st to 12th frets; after that it becomes near impossible to play) after i get more western theory down pat.

One of the biggest reasons I dig my fretless is that I can experiment with quarter or third tones any time I feel like it.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 5
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/20/2005 2:18 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOnethat's the other way i'd go. the only bass i ever owned was fretless and it was cool, but, it lacked some of the sharpness of a fretted instrument (which may have just been my ineptitude).

You pretty much have to work with it -- my solution was to put flatwounds on mine so as to get maximum "thump" out of the thing.

That said, you can still get plenty of attack but you need a good EQ and you need to be fretting very cleanly with your fretting hand.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.