Tomorrow I make the big decision

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
05/12/2005 4:37 pm
Ok, I'm contemplating getting roadrunner internet because DSL isn't available and I don't want a home phone line regardless. Soo, I've been looking into cable. I was going to just go and get it but I decided I would think about it first and make sure everything'll be fine... at least financially. So far everything's pointing towards getting it. It sure would be nice to have internet at home. At least then I wouldn't miss all the conversations during the weekend.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/12/2005 5:53 pm
We have cable internet through Midiacon. It costs about 40 bucks a month and I couldn't live with out it.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
05/12/2005 6:07 pm
Yeah, my mom's got cable internet and time warner has a $30 a month deal that ends this monday if I'm not mistaken, so I figured I'd make the day I get paid the deadline and decide by then. So far everyone I've spoken to has spoken for it and all the things I could do at home with the internet. Work use can only go so far. I'm about 80%-20% in favor right now, I'll just look around a bit more I guess.

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 3
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/12/2005 6:23 pm
When I was in Lafayette, I chose DSL over Cable, but only because Cox was going to rape me on installation charges and charge me for basic cable when I don't even own a TV. I decided I'd rather have a land-line with local only service than cable TV I can't even watch.

EDIT: Anyway, the point I was going to try to make is that the decision of DSL vs. Cable is usually best made considering local factors because in any given local and in any given household situation, either could be better than the other.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
05/12/2005 6:56 pm
Yeah, but I dont' have a home phone line, nor do I want to pay for one when I hardly talk on the phone anyway and I've got a cell. Besides, DSL isn't available in my area so it's either dial up or cable. Dial up obviously calls for a home phone and sucks big time so cable is the route I'm going... if at all.

Hulk Smash!!

# 5
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
05/12/2005 7:43 pm
I've got DSL through my telephone company, because it came out before the cable internet with our cable company. I have a friend who has the cable internet, and he really likes it. Here, I think they're both almost exactly the same as far as price and speed. But, there is no way in hell I will go back to dial up....period!
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 6
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
05/12/2005 10:40 pm
Yea, i have cable. Once you go cable you don;t go back. But if you have to, you will be very frustrated.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.