confused about equip

Portis_26
Portis_26
05/12/2005 1:39 am
im new to the guitar and threre seems to be a lot of expensive gear that i have no clue what it does, is there a site that explains pedals, recording, drum machines and all that? also, i was just wondering, i havent really gotten the distortion i wanted from my stuff that i have, should i look at distortion pedals or are those just for amps that don't have distortion? or should i look to replace the pickups? i don't mind spending the money because i know im going to stick with it.
# 1
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
05/12/2005 1:45 am
Never say your going to stay with something. It always changes. In weeks you could go from one set-up to another. We can lead you in the right direction, but you need to find the sound your looking for. Chances are you will never find the exact same sound as a recording unless you get POD's or other expensive gear. You need to spend money to find what your looking for. You cannot be afraid to spend a bit of money, because remember you can always sell gear.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 2
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
05/12/2005 2:09 pm
Another effect you should get is a wah pedal. You can compress and decompress it with rythm or you can leave it at a specific location to get different tones. I have a cry baby wah pedal, it sounds pretty good for the $80 I spent for it.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 3
Portis_26
Portis_26
05/13/2005 1:38 am
thanks for the advice. to answer a previous question i have an ibanez rg350dx with whatever pickups came with it (like INF something). the amp i have, voxad15vt, has built in effects, but i guess it would be better to get a multi-effects pedal because it will probably be higher quality and ill be able to do more with the effects.
# 4
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
05/13/2005 6:29 am
If I were you, and I had the cash, I'd look at a Boss GT8(or Me50, costs much less, but has no amp models) or a Line6 Pod xt Live, or even the desktop Pod Xt, both of those units should get you pretty much any sound you want (apart from weird synth type sounds and crazy stuff like that). Distortion pedals are not just for amps with no distortion, they are for everyone! even folks who like their amps distortion, but want a varied sound...I know I have three or four distortion boxes as well as a Multi-effects unit.
Good Luck Mate.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.