Up yours UPS

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
05/04/2005 4:21 pm
Ok, so I bought a drum machine like I mentioned a few days ago. Well, it arrived today... while I was at work. So I take an early lunch because I don't trust a single person I live near for all the way up to 5:00 pm and when I get there I see this bulbous box in a big, baggy plastic bag sitting with my front door rug hanging halfway off it. Yeah, way to go UPS, no one'll assume anything considering I live in a 2 home apartment and the neighbor's door is right next to mine. And the fact that the UPS station is within walking distance to my house, they could just leave a number and say call for a pickup. But that set aside, I take my drum machine inside and open the box and the first thing I see is a smaller box with big black text reading "THIS SIDE MUST NEVER FACE UP". Thank you to whoever packaged this box for your wonderful packaging job. I also did note that they put a **** ton of packaging paper in the box too, just not one bit of it was on the apparantly fragile side reading the above quote. But I tested it, it works fine, I got some free batteries out of the deal and no one stole anything.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/04/2005 7:25 pm
Fed-Ex once left my BIRTH CERTIFICATE in front of my door which was at the front of an pair of four unit apartment buildings, even in spite of it being sent "signature required."

My mom (who'd sent it to me) was so irate when I called her up and told her the manner in which it arrived that she turned around and called her local Fed-Ex office. She raised such a fuss that my terminal, 1,600 miles away sent some poor bastard back to my place to get a signature.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
bobkimball
bobkimball
05/04/2005 9:45 pm
Don't ship anything fedex or ups (like an amp) without at least 2" of heavy/stiff foam all the way around. reason? if THEY drop it, they'll say the damage is still YOUR fault. all of them are terrible. learned from unpleasant experience. Some folks have caught onto this. I ordered a 1x12 cab from a shop (earcandycabs - fantastic!) and they sent it in 2" of foam all around, shrinkwrapped, with a packing label on it. take that, ups!
# 3
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
05/05/2005 12:21 pm
You'd think that for what they get paid they'd at least try to be a bit more careful or something.

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 4
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/06/2005 12:30 am
Yeah, that or you give your business to somebody else.

I mean, look at all the complaints Orbitz has fielded and they're still running a shady operation.

Out of FedEx and UPS, I have to say that UPS is by far the most reliable of the two... You just have to make sure that your stuff is packed DAMN well, because it's going to take a hit.

Luckily, I won my class' egg drop back in high school.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
05/06/2005 5:34 pm
What the one co. with air in the name. My parents use them when shipping and they do an excellent job. Their prob more pricey.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 6
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
05/07/2005 2:00 am
Airborn express it is.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 7
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
05/09/2005 12:59 pm
I've seen that post, that's a funny site.

Hulk Smash!!

# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.