Exciting new rock band

robyalvaro
robyalvaro
05/01/2005 6:27 am
Official Malfunction Website

hey fellow guitarists,

be more than welcome to take a listen to my band, and also have a look around at our site. Atm we have only recorded one original and one cover, but within the next few months we will record about 3-4 more originals.

Our original track on there is called, "Run n hide", we have received pretty good feedback from it, so i recommend you have a listen.

Tell me what you think and feel free to criticise (appropriately.... :D )
# 1
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
05/01/2005 7:18 am
Originally Posted by: robyalvaroTell me what you think and feel free to criticise (appropriately.... :D )

YOU SUCK!!! Hahaha, just kidding.

I dug your stuff, very melodic.

The tone on the lead guitar, though...yikes...re-record it with a better tone, man. I'm actually gonna do the same thing with my band this summer, haha. Still, I love the melody the guitar plays.

Hmm...I really like the chords you're using. Your singer, however, goes out of tune a couple of times, and kind of lacks strength in his tone. That can be done away with by vocal training, though. Still, nice song!
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 2
robyalvaro
robyalvaro
05/08/2005 12:21 pm
anymore feedback people? c'mon check us out, you know you want to.
# 3
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
05/08/2005 4:00 pm
[font=trebuchet ms]The link doesn't work !?!?[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
Ardnek234
Ardnek234
05/08/2005 4:00 pm
They are cool, and yea the singer is what I really don't like, He needs to practice more or you may a new one, no offence to the person who sings, other people may like it.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Cat spelled backwords doesn't spell GOD![/FONT] :D
# 5
Ardnek234
Ardnek234
05/08/2005 4:02 pm
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings[font=trebuchet ms]The link doesn't work !?!?[/font]

Copy and paste it into a new page, thats what I did
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Cat spelled backwords doesn't spell GOD![/FONT] :D
# 6
robyalvaro
robyalvaro
05/26/2005 12:50 pm
OOPS, didnt realise that the link didn't work.....but i finally got the hang of it and it's all fixed now.
# 7
aschleman
aschleman
05/26/2005 5:09 pm
I listened to the whole "fade to black" cover... hoping to hear the solo... but it got cut off.... I was disappointed. The vocals made me cringe more times than often... The guitar playing sounds good though! It sounds like you got a good foundation for a good band. Just work on the vocals. Someone commented on the lead tones, and I agree. It's too warm for a lead tone. Switch to the bridge pickup or turn the tone knob to 10. There's my two cents. ROCK ON \m/!!!!! Good luck too!
# 8
KingShawn0609
KingShawn0609
06/01/2005 7:51 am
First things first lets get to the point. To the band, FYI you are your frontman (lead Vocalist). So as of now I'm going to tell you if I where to be reviewing you at this time. On a scale from 1 to 10 you would get a 1. But then I would give you extra credit for the lead guitar thats 2 and extra credit for music blind ( excludeing "Vocals" ). That gives you an overall of 3. Then I would tell you " Sorry you didn't make the cut." the advise I will give you is get another front man and request a pro. review. Thank you for your time.

sorry to be a cridic But that who I am
To dispute this matter feel free to contact me @ [email]kingshawn06O9@aol.com[/email]
Have a great day :cool:
# 9
LoCkEd&RoCked87
LoCkEd&RoCked87
06/01/2005 10:17 am
The guitar is nice, very nice a like the style thats used in the song, different but good. The singing however...could use emotion, the lyrics are sweet but the way it's sung is just okay. Like it was said before, just practice it more. The song is already good but it has the potential to be *%)@ing awesome.

Sweet work
[FONT=Impact][FONT=Century Gothic]what more could you ask for. except a monkey in a bag.[/FONT][/FONT]
# 10
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
06/01/2005 11:43 am
I too was dissappointed not to hear the guitar solo in "Fade to Black". Other than that, I guess I aggree with the majority of the guys on this thread...it's got some potential, but it needs work.
Obviously the recording was not of a great standard, and with more time in a studio and more takes on most instruments, you would have much better results...what I mean is that, had all of the parts been played and recorded perfectly (some playing mistakes are noticed, which is acceptable live, but NOT on a recording, unless it is a live recording).
It would have been more than decent.
Keep pushing at it...
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 11
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
06/01/2005 3:15 pm
Originally Posted by: KingShawn0609First things first lets get to the point. To the band, FYI you are your frontman (lead Vocalist). So as of now I'm going to tell you if I where to be reviewing you at this time. On a scale from 1 to 10 you would get a 1. But then I would give you extra credit for the lead guitar thats 2 and extra credit for music blind ( excludeing "Vocals" ). That gives you an overall of 3. Then I would tell you " Sorry you didn't make the cut." the advise I will give you is get another front man and request a pro. review. Thank you for your time.

sorry to be a cridic But that who I am
To dispute this matter feel free to contact me @ [email]kingshawn06O9@aol.com[/email]
Have a great day :cool:

Oh sweet delicious arrogance.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 12
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
06/01/2005 4:57 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonOh sweet delicious arrogance.
[font=trebuchet ms]It wasn't worded very gently, but that's pretty close to what a club owner would have said. It's a tough world, sometimes.[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 13
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
06/01/2005 7:21 pm
I am with the lord on this one...I think it is rather valuable to have a proffessional reviewer guy on the page...If I was currently in a band I would be very keen to hear what he had to say, good or bad, because it is ultimately constructive.

Infact, King Shawn can have a listen to my old band on www.burntreason.co.za if he so wishes, and give me any crits he has, maybe they will help when working with my current project.(just dont mention the vocalist, we know!!!)
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 14
robyalvaro
robyalvaro
06/02/2005 8:26 am
thanks for the feedback, i actually appreciate the negative comments more than the good ones because you learn a lot more from the negative ones.

But things that i have to say:

- It was the first time that we ever recorded, and if we had more time we would've fixed our guitar tones, i agree with of all you with the guitar tone.

- The guitarist who played the solo's is now our drummer, (remember this was recorded a while ago) and he is double the drummer than he was a guitarist, he ****ing kicks ass....

- When we recorded these songs, i had only started singing for less than 2 weeks with ZERO vocal training. But since then i have taken up Vocal Training and have improved hell of a lot.

We're going to record our 4-5 track EP in July, and we'll spend round 2 weeks recording it, making sure everythings perfect...and ill post them here as soon as we do, and you'll see the difference.

P.S sorry about the Fade to Black Solo....the version i have on my computer has the solo in it, put when i uploaded it to PureVolume.com it got cut out or something....which is a shame because it was pretty good.

Cheers
# 15

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.