Which Multi-Fx Pedal!!!!!

jk_647
jk_647
04/16/2005 6:18 pm
Hey, i have been looking for a while multi FX pedal for a while now, and im also intrested in recording, im not on a buget but obviously the cheaper the better cause money is tight!!! obviously im not expecting somethign amazing that will give every tone in the world especially for the money im putting in, but with about 200 pounds im expecting to get somehting half descent now i havent played many Multi-Fx pedals but i do own a boss ds-1 and have played many boss single pedals. Boss are great just it would work out very Expensive to buy alot of single pedals and speace consuming. my freind has a DigitechRP100 Multi-Fx pedal that is ok im looking for something slightly better. I have been looking at V-amp models, Pod models particularly the xt model and also the boss Me-50. now i was gain for getting the boss me-50 but i herd bad reports about it. out of the ones i mentioned or any others could some one please recomend a Multi-Fx pedal within the price range, bearing in mind i do want to record with it as well if possible!!! Much appreciated.

Yes i have also looked at the RPx400, as i know Guitar world(The Magazine) use it, but again after reading reviews it put me off. people were slaying it for sounding very aftificial and dull sounding. please correct me if all Multi effects sound like this. I'm seriously maybe thinking of getting a
(Vox Valvetronix AD120VT 120 Watt) wiht built in Effects and then maybe add a few pedals. obviously this costing alot more. but maybe a better souloution, No!!!!
Why doesn't my amp go up to 11, :(
Spinal Tap Rock
# 1
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
04/16/2005 6:41 pm
hmmm...The ME-50 isn't bad,but it really isn't geared towards recording.Ive myself have been having bad luck with getting my XT to record without pops and clicks through usb,but still a great sounding unit.

Have you looked at the RPx400 by digitech?It comes with usb interface and recording software.
Try once,fail twice...
# 2
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
04/18/2005 4:07 am
GNX sounds too metalliic
boss is as good as digital can get, but not to say its the best
vox is up with boss, wins on some occasions and loses on others
Line 6 makes a living with those...i hear the new floor one is good...

i myself would rather get analogue pedals, nothing beats them into a tube amp...
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 3
LordThrash
LordThrash
04/18/2005 2:42 pm
Get the Boss- Me50, I have no regrets from buying one myself.....
www.soundclick.com/thearchville :eek:
# 4
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
04/18/2005 6:10 pm
Well if your going to spend the money,why not just get a good tube amp and a couple pedals...then just mic it up for recording.
Try once,fail twice...
# 5
ScottMoney
ScottMoney
04/18/2005 9:53 pm
I hear analogue is the way to go but can get way more expensive than dig
# 6
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
04/19/2005 12:08 am
heh,i'm not sure theres such a thing as an analogue multi fx pedal.

Some super snobs will spit at anything not analogue as far as pedals go(super vintage)...I personally think the difference is neglible as long as the amplifier is good.I have no such ear to say 'thats a digital delay and thats not' or 'that has a true bypass' or 'yeah,thats a tape echo'.

So,if your amp is good,the effects don't need to be anything 'vintage boutique' high end(like someone cares if you have a vintage tube screamer in your chain instead of a reissue :rolleyes: )Just good sturdy pedals.

But seriously,if your thinking of a vox valvetronics combo or stack(which is very nice)I recommend looking into a real tube head or combo first.Then just get a SM-57 and mic it up to record.
Try once,fail twice...
# 7
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
04/19/2005 12:29 pm
The PODxt is great for recording! I just use the 1/4" out instead of the USB, because it's easier to set up and the sound difference really isn't that noticable except for the effects, but once in a mix that goes out the window. Plus it can be used solely as an FX unit either infront of an amp or in the amps fx loop. Personally I prefer it in the loop so everything equals out better. You might also want to look into the PODxt Live as it has a few more options for connecting to an amp, and comes with the "FX Junkie" model pack. Look around on Line6's web site to find out more about the XT and XT Live. Also, you might want to check out POD forum at Channel 6 to see what other's have to say about the POD series.

Hope you find what you're looking for.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 8
LordThrash
LordThrash
04/19/2005 5:38 pm
www.soundclick.com/thearchville

If you like what you hear, give the Boss ME50 a chance :cool:
www.soundclick.com/thearchville :eek:
# 9
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
04/29/2005 3:28 pm
I own an ME-50 as well and for what it does it does it really well. For what you pay you get your money's worth. Of course I lucked out and got it as a Christmas gift rather than paying for it myself. Happy day.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 10
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
05/01/2005 8:22 pm
yea, I had an Me50, for what I payed it was great,If you can stretch your balance to 300 pounds look at the Boss GT8...or the Pod Xt live...both ideal for live and studio. but a tad expensive. Personally I wouldnt go anywhere near a vox that was not 100% tube, I find the digital stuff muddy...especially the Tonelab units...but thats just my opinion...I`d go with a Boss Gt8.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.