KILL POP MUSIC!!

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
04/10/2001 4:31 pm
In the Uk we have a new pop band called "Hear'say" A band constructed during a TV series, this band have broken records for debut albums and singles. This band rarely sing live, dont play instruments or write music, havent written any songs, probably have costume designs and hair stylists!! They have no personalitys! Then they claim to have worked hard to get where they are!!! agh!!!! WHAT IS THE POINT!!!!!!!!
TAKE GNR!!! THERE GONNA BE RELEASING THERE FIRST ALBUM FOR LIKE 10 YEARS OVER HEAR!!! THEY'LL PROBABLY BE BEATED TO NO1 BY ALL OUR CRAPPY POP BANDS!!!! I HATE THIS!!!

Later Axl

PS. DOes this happen in the US or other countries, cos the UK charts are ruined by pop bands!! There is a bit of a sway now tho, Limp bizkit, Em, Korn, although i believe these bands also to be pop bands.
# 1
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
04/10/2001 8:57 pm
Did you see the 2 guys in the band. Bit gay if you know what I mean.Lets look at everything that was wrong with
their single 'Pure And Simple'. First they released it about 3 weeks after the band formed. The song itself is basically made up of other no.1's like Oasis - All Around The World and All Saints - Never Ever. The name is taken straight from a Lightning Seeds song. And their album called Popstars is released already. But they still say the hard work is still to come. Even though they got it made. Anyway while they are still at no.1 the two bets songs out at the moment are at 18 and 19. Ocean Colour Scene have a great song out Up ON The Downside which is at 19 and the Bee Gees who broke a record with this single(hit single in 5 diffrent decades) are at 18 with the best song by far. The song has apparently peaked at 18 while Hearsay are still at no.1 breaking records. Its stupid.
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 2
Fender Man
Fender Man
04/10/2001 11:16 pm
Yes, in the U.S. for example Nsync and Backstreet boys broke all kind of records. It's sooooooooooooo wrong. Those boys did nothing to get where they are today, no work, but the people who work so hard don't get jack. so messed up. All these pop groups do it for money and girls. These boy bands are horrible. Kurt Cobain once said I think it's stupid if you get into music just for money and girls. The quote was someting like that, I'll get back and tell you the real quote, but it's something like that. I didn't care to much for Nirvana, but nevertheless, true quote. Pop groups have someone write their songs, tell them how to sing, how to dance, where to go, what to wear, what kind of makeup. Everything, they don't do nothing. Well I gotta go before I get really mad.
"I'll stand up next to a mountain and chop it down with the edge of my hand."
-Jimi Hendrix
# 3
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
04/11/2001 2:58 am

Axl_Rose,

Yeah, in the US there was the same kind of thing. They had this show called 'Making the Band' where they basically made this boy band by choosing the guys that could dance around the best, and look the coolest, and sh**.

It was basically just the marketing of an image . . . and was gone in a few months.
# 4
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
04/11/2001 10:02 am
Yeah we got "making the band" over here too. It was funny seeing their ego's enlarge as the series went on. I'm waiting on someone asking "hear'say", where they met!!
This issue really annoys me. I've been listening to music for over 10 years, im 18. I've been buying music for about 7 years, i have every Video and Cd by both GnR and Aerosmith. I also have albums by Ex GnR members, stuff like poison, ZZ top, Bon Jovi, Snakepit etc. I got a 2nd hand les Paul epiphone in december too. My point is that i'm trying my best to become a "musician", so that one day i can have a band with my mates and we can hopefully play Knockin on Heavens Door or summin like that. So when i see my fave guitar bands gettin knocked outta the top 40 by that crap it really makes me wonder, what the point is. Im gonna boast briefly now, i can play both november rain solos. dont cry solo, estranged 1st solo, double talkin jive solo, all in only 3 months of learnin! I can also play other bits here and there. Basically anoyone with even a few weeks experience has more talent than those pop bands. I love playing the intro to knockin on heavens door at the tokyo gig, you should learn it! its the tab is at snakepit.org.
Hmm, i dunno what my main point is... ok, bye
Later,
W.A.R.
# 5
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
04/11/2001 5:16 pm
Yeah, I figured you were a Guns n Roses fan. :)

I never really watched that show, but I did see the little promos for it. That was enough for me.
# 6
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
04/11/2001 5:18 pm

BTW, are you the same Axl_Rose that used to hang out in the GuitarWar chat room?
# 7
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
04/11/2001 9:26 pm
Originally posted by Christoph

BTW, are you the same Axl_Rose that used to hang out in the GuitarWar chat room?

No that was his anagram game buddy Oral_Sex.
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 8
stratman42
stratman42
04/17/2001 7:13 pm
I agree completely. Me and my friends have been running a band for over a year now, and we are far better than all this pop crap. We have written over ten songs, including some which we dumped later because we got better. We had to save up for our equipment and have already gone through two singers and only just got a bassist. We have rival bands who boast they have 15 songs, but theyre all covers! We do covers in spare 5 mins in rehearshals. We have worked and continue to work to refine our music an beat that ****e. By the way, u might like a band that i like, they go by the name of Pop Will Eat Itself...
Work hard...Play hard...Break a string...:mad:

Actions speak louder than words...
And my actions speak louder than yours :D
# 9

04/18/2001 4:15 pm
That's funny... here in Canada we had a show called "Popstars", same deal, auditioning for a new girl band. Some network execs idea of the best new idea for a reality show I guess... Oh well.

In all honesty I'm tired of exerting the necessary effort hating these bands. I've accepted that mainstream "music" is distorted, and that's that.
# 10
The Ferret
The Ferret
04/18/2001 6:34 pm
Anyone ever hear of The Monkees?;)
# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.