Holy ****!! Sweeping and my awesomeness combined again?

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/21/2005 3:46 am
Ok, so I told you that I've gotten some basic 5 string sweeping down. Well, what would you all say if I told you I've begun writing 7-string sweeps that don't avoid complexity by all means? Hell, I don't even own a 7-string guitar but I'm gonna need one now, at least if I want to play my own stuff. That and a 5-string bass. Jeez, can I possibly rock even more?
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 1
ScottMoney
ScottMoney
03/21/2005 4:21 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsOk, so I told you that I've gotten some basic 5 string sweeping down. Well, what would you all say if I told you I've begun writing 7-string sweeps that don't avoid complexity by all means?

I would say perhaps you should be a little more humble as a guitarist...
# 2
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
03/21/2005 5:01 am
Originally Posted by: ScottMoneyI would say perhaps you should be a little more humble as a guitarist...

Scott,your on the money with that one.

It is good to feel pride about your achievment...just be careful not to boast it too much...its not fun to be owned by someone playing for X number of years less than you and is younger...lol
Try once,fail twice...
# 3
ScottMoney
ScottMoney
03/21/2005 7:02 am
My thing is that when you're playin guitar, you play for yourself. If you're playing to impress people (and I have tried before), you'll always have this empty, unappreciated feeling. Now I always play just seeking self-expression. I would rather my audience (whether it be 1 or 100) understand me better as an artist as opposed to being impressed with my technical skill... that's just me and I know there are a bunch of people out there that don't feel like I do.
# 4
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/21/2005 2:54 pm
Well, I guess I have been laying the arrogance on a tad too thick. For that I do apologize. I could've worded it better and I'm really not that arrogant in person. I get the point and I'll knock off the over zealous talk. And you need not worry because I don't actually play to impress either. I do feel like a bit of a jackass though, but I had it coming. And it's legit. Here again, thanks for the slap in the face and sorry about, well, myself.

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 5
ScottMoney
ScottMoney
03/21/2005 3:39 pm
haha you're funny, no worries cause we've all been there :P
# 6
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/21/2005 4:00 pm
No seriously. It didn't hit me in my last post like it did now. I'm at work right now and the office is pretty much empty. So I'm sitting in silence (save for my cd player) sifting through papers and I've got all the time to think about this. Thing is, my friends and I talk like this to each other in person, slandering each others' style and getting cocky (while keeping it realistic and within line). But what I failed to realize is this isn't my friends and in person. Whole different area and things are interpreted differently. If I'm coming across as arrogant then I've got some problems to work on. I actually stopped what I was doing and wrote down various questions regarding myself and music and answered them accordingly to see if I really am in it to hear someone say "you're good" or if it's my desire to make the purest form of music. If I'm playing just for some oohs and aahs then that goes against my own morals rendering me a hypocrite and I then have no business being in music if I can't handle it accordingly. I really don't think I can express enough gratitude. I never acknowledged it that even though I play guitar a personal sense of maturity should be tone as well. Hey, I'm just happy someone said something now while I have the chance to do something about it. I shant make the same mistake a second time. What you've just read is what I've been dwelling on for the last hour. I really do thank you all for not being discrete about it.

Hulk Smash!!

# 7
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/22/2005 3:16 am
Ok, maybe I've been dwelling on this a tad too much, but I actually posted 4 boast threads. Not 3. The 4th would be the thread I had linking to a song I put on the internet. I titled the thread something like listen to my awesomeness or something. All the same I expressed my arrogance. And this is how I spend my days. Thinking about all the things I've said/done and think about how it could've been better.

Hulk Smash!!

# 8
ScottMoney
ScottMoney
03/22/2005 4:33 am
Seriously man we get the point :p

BTW CW14, the "right on" was about one of your last posts:

"Thats the way I see it too. I have been known to brag a little, (not that I have much to brag about, lol) but then I remembered why I picked up the guitar in the first place. To make music and have fun doing so and I don't need anyone's approval!"

sorry i wasnt' too clear on that
# 9
-Keiser-
-Keiser-
03/28/2005 12:56 am
seven string sweep picking is easy , not that im bragging but i can sweep pick on a twelve string acoustic a left handed guitar upside down ( im right handed) a standard six string guitar im currently learning how to sweep pick over the fret board like the under over technique that michael angelo batio uses and im getting a custom 8 string to sweep on that
-Transcendental Escutcheon of Gods- Perpetual Anguish-
# 10
mookiestrat
mookiestrat
03/28/2005 2:53 am
Just remember that no matter how great you think you are...theres is always somebody waiting just around the corner just waiting to melt your socks off! I've been learning to play guitar since 1965...and I've been through all the phases guitarist go through...Jimi,Nugent,Eddie,Randy...and a BAD case of Malmsteenitis! I play everyday...And I always say to young players..."The day you think you are great is the day you'll never get any better." Keep learning...Mook
# 11
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
03/28/2005 5:07 am
Originally Posted by: mookiestrat"The day you think you are great is the day you'll never get any better." Keep learning...Mook

Very good advice, and very true.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 12
ScottMoney
ScottMoney
03/28/2005 6:15 am
agreed mokie. I think that's because if you think you're playing is fantastic, then you're blinding yourself from improvements
# 13

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.