View post (Is anyone else tired of nonsense posting?)

View thread

crazywolf
Samson
crazywolf
Samson
03/21/2005 3:51 pm
I can definitely understand all of that PonyOne. I have only recently come to appreciate ADD. I like it a lot now because I feel so “free” with my thinking. Where most people see a dead end or a barrier, I see an opportunity. Here’s just a stupid example: I was walking with some friends on a sidewalk, they stayed on the sidewalk and walked down these stairs way out of the way to get to where we were going….I just walked on the grass. Ya, that is just a little thing, but when that happens in your head all the time, about everything, it can be a very cool thing. It used really suck because I really didn’t have friends or hung out with people till I was 17 because I are just so weird that people didn’t want to be around me, and the most attention I got was getting beat up or pushed around in school. Or I got 18 detentions in 7 grade cuz I couldn’t control myself. Or countless other stupid stupid things i did when I was growing up. Or the depression that haunted my life from the age of 8 to 17. Once you get it under control, ADD has the potential to be a very good thing. That was true when I said that a high percentage of artist, CEO’s, entrepreneurs, and prison inmates all have ADD.
I read the greatest quote in this article in NewsWeek that was about ADHD: “While the A students are learning the specifics of photosynthesis, the ADHD kids are staring out the window wondering if it still works when it is cloudy”.
1 Peter 2:16