People need to learn to drive

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/19/2005 10:40 pm
I'm no saint when it comes to driving. I've run a couple red lights before and I can forgive those that run them as well or break whatever other minor traffic law they may have broken. However, yesterday I'm on my way to pick my mom up. I stop at a red light and do my usual routine of staring at it until it turns green. Well, when it flipped green I thought "ok, time to go". As I'm cruising through the intersection I hear a loud screech. I look to my right and see a huge, black car sitting maybe two feet away from me. Really, I didn't even start driving right when the light hit green. I had a bit of a delay and furthermore I didn't see anyone else coming in any direction. And I can guarantee it wasn't my fault because there were three other people driving through the intersection. Seriously, the road is the last place for your head-in-the-ass syndrome to take effect. Some people.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 1
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/20/2005 1:50 am
Ah, go for it. People are dumb on the road. What's your story?

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 2
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
03/20/2005 4:29 am
I like my moms little daewoo...that thing is like a go-kart!Fun!

I don't speed to often,but I accelerate fast and turn sharp when alone...suppose its not great for the car,but oh well.I was coming home the other day and tried a new road/shortcut....ahead of the 'dip' sign a hundred feet looked like 'air time' to my eyes.I gunned it and....lets just say it needs an alignment and there is some paint missing on the front/left...lol.

Ponyone,you seem quite enthused about jetta's.Hopefully I can get a lease deal sometime.I really want a camaro,but theres no room for equipment.

Are there any specific VW models that zip yet can still pack a little gear?

p.s. there is a strech of road,mabey 50-100 miles in georgia.I think its I-95.Limit is 80-90...middle of the night,there isn't a car for miles.East coast drivers looking to 'open up their cars' to the max should look for it.
Try once,fail twice...
# 3
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/20/2005 5:52 am
Ponyone, regarding that picture... I don't need to say anything that hasn't been said already.

Hulk Smash!!

# 4
pricklepuss
pricklepuss
03/20/2005 6:18 pm
if anyone wants to experience bad driving, then come to the isle of wight(UK). its like the land that driving ability forgot.
ive been driving 10yrs, and covered plenty of miles in all levels of traffic and weather conditions. ive spent plenty of hours commuting into cities and dealing with fast heavy traffic, but nothing could prepare me for the quality of driving on this island!
the first day i was here i was nearly sideswiped by a speeding driving instructer who was indicating to leave the roundabout, but changed his mind and thought hed carry on round.
on at least 3 occasions ive been driving on the coast road and on rounding a bend been met by some idiot leaving an overtake too late. those heart stopping moments at high speed dont get any more fun the more often they happen.
by far the worst problem however is the hastle i get off of other male drivers. i drive a rare british sports car, a marcos, which has about 200bhp in a car that weighs less than a ton, and stands only 41inches tall. i cant go anywhere without some idiot in an obviously slower car trying to race me. i never had any hastle on the mainland, but something over here has turned them into aggressive morons, who seem to have no real ability to judge how to drive appropriately.
it makes me laugh because you know that if they ever leave the island and have to drive in a real city in heavy traffic, or join a busy fast moving dual carriageway at night in the wet, they just wont cope with it as there is nothing like that over here.
# 5
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
03/20/2005 8:17 pm
Originally Posted by: pricklepussif anyone wants to experience bad driving, then come to the isle of wight(UK). its like the land that driving ability forgot...
[font=trebuchet ms]That all sounds pretty much like Calgary. Except that we drive on the right side of the road. Mostly.

One of the functions that the Alberta government turned over to the private sector was the driving test/inspections. With a monetary incentive to make sure that anyone who comes through the door leaves with a license in hand, the state of driver training here is frightening. The roads are plugged with huge 4x4 pickup trucks and SUV's, 'driven' by people who don't know the rules of the road, and have no interest in learning them.[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.