confused!!!

kickass_rocker
kickass_rocker
03/17/2005 1:17 am
when i play some songs....it sounds different from the real actual song.....is there such thing as harmony and melody ....for guitars....because i'm confused.....
you PIECE OF SH*T...DAM you for farting.... :D :eek:
# 1
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/17/2005 1:40 am
Originally Posted by: kickass_rockerwhen i play some songs....it sounds different from the real actual song.....is there such thing as harmony and melody ....for guitars....because i'm confused.....

I'm going out on a limb here as I'm a tad confused by your questions. If you're talking about playing songs from tabs that famous artists have made then yes it will sound different. For many reasons, 1. they have completely different gear, 2. they have a whole band set up with drums, bass, etc going all at once vs your one guitar 3. tabs are often incorrect which will make the song sound that much more different and 4. if you haven't put enough time into learning the note durations then it's going to also sound different. Playing with anything that holds rhythm will help that.

As for your next question which has me a tad in the dark. yes there is melody and harmony for guitars. There's also melody and harmony for bass. And any other musical instrument. Hell, I might even go as far as to say if you take anything that makes noise and apply it properly (in a bastardized sense) you can get harmony.

Chords and/or multiple instruments playing different notes simultaneously is harmony. It is possible to yield a harmonious melody. When listen to a solo, the chords and rhythm under it is the harmony aspect and the solo is the melody. It doesn't have to be asolo to be a melody either.

That's the answer I have for what I think the question is. I hope I at least got close.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 2
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
03/17/2005 1:54 am
Originally Posted by: kickass_rockerwhen i play some songs....it sounds different from the real actual song.....is there such thing as harmony and melody ....for guitars....because i'm confused.....

I think what you're having trouble with is called "phrasing."

Phrasing is the way a guitarist plays a note/lick/riff. I can play 9h11 a bunch of different ways, depending on how I phrase it. What helps me with learning a song is knowing the song really well. Like being able to hum it, or hear it in my head. If I can't do either one, it becomes really difficult to reproduce the sound.

That help any??
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 3
x0o_BurnOut_o0x
x0o_BurnOut_o0x
03/18/2005 4:22 pm
I think what you're having trouble with is called "phrasing."

Eh? Please can you go into more depth if you can cause i get the general thing ur saying, you can make it sound differnt each time? but how? ive never heard of "phrasing" before and it sounds pretty cool so please can somene explain it more id rele appreciate it :)
We've been dancin' with Mr. Brownstone...
# 4
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
03/18/2005 10:07 pm
See the other thread you posted, I responded there.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 5
brianehill@charter.net
brianehill@charter.net
03/19/2005 3:18 pm
Originally Posted by: Pantallica1I think what you're having trouble with is called "phrasing."

Phrasing is the way a guitarist plays a note/lick/riff. I can play 9h11 a bunch of different ways, depending on how I phrase it. What helps me with learning a song is knowing the song really well. Like being able to hum it, or hear it in my head. If I can't do either one, it becomes really difficult to reproduce the sound.

That help any??

I agree. If you can't sing it or know the song very well, how are you going to play it? He'll I don't know how many songs I've faked well on guitar because I could sing it and knew it well in my head.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.