View post (John Mayer with Axel Rose????)

View thread

Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
02/27/2005 9:27 pm
Originally Posted by: spiritinthesky2I can't really say he was "destined" to be a nobody or a sell-out. Maybe, if he actually tried hard to succede and focused on growth, And still failed I would agree.
But he did'nt. He CHOSE to stick a needle in his arm, He CHOSE to not take advantage of the opportunity to clean himself up that his bandmates gave him.He Chose to show up for his shows stoned if he showed up at all.
He may be where he deserves to be but I don't think it's where he is destined to be.

You're getting some GNR dudes mixed up. Axl was never the smack junkie. That was Steven Adler and Slash for the most part. Slash was able to get it together and Steven Adler wasn't so he got the boot. Axl was more of a overly aggressive sexual predator type of messianic leader.

You're absolutely right about him flaking out all the time though. But the reason GNR split up was because of irreconcilable differences between Axl and the rest of the band in terms of a musical direction. Axl wanted to go with more of an industrial electronic direction, and the other dudes wanted to stick to badass rock n roll. Izzy Stradlin' left before all this however, so it's can be argued the end was a long time in the making. Anyone else remember Gilby Clark? :D
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile