Change Quaud pups Kramer/Baretta w/???? +why forums dumb??

nost1
nost1
02/23/2005 2:21 pm
Hey guys I have solved all my issues with new Kramer Baretta/Floyd rose setup.... by issues I mean new bornagain beginer status with new title...me dumb cause that Tremlo had me worried that I might Have a new shiny $325 chunk'o firewood or excited 'bout my new wake board?(*%$#
Heres proof....Day 1-3 tune....tighten nut....strom....loosen....tune...tighten...oh dam loosen

Hmm Dumb is in there somewhere???Me??Guitar???no me oh ya and the forum ...
after 2 attempts to post ?? that took 5-10min compose I'm forced to re-logon and poof whatever ya just wrote is toast...What up with that :mad:

Anyway I was hoping someone could help with some input on the pups I must have ...ya know the ones that will make me play like SRV As much as I'd like to, I can't try 'em all. Oh ya the ones that would compliment the Baretta's Alder Wings :confused: I have followed posts That considered ....Guitar,type of wood,fretboard Mat.,strings,wiring config.,wifes sister..is she hot ect...could anyone tell me how alder wings scores chicks?? Or in leymens terms what the hellck....no seriously what +/- could the Mat.of just the wings have Peace JK
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/23/2005 2:52 pm
Well I have managed 3000 odd post without any problems. This indicates to me that the problem is not with the forum. Do you have cookies enabled on your browser ?

I think:

1) you need to slow down

2) try to clearly articulate the questions you want answering. We will then do our best to help you out.

If you have new string they will need to be "stretched in" before they stay in tune. This is common to every guitar / set of strings.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
nost1
nost1
02/24/2005 12:44 am
Hey Doc Thanks and ur right I got a little sarcastic last post cause my first attempt was much more in depth about Some new problems I faced having never owned a tremlo setup. By the third draft I cut out most of the details which expressed my serious appreciation for all that post with help regardless of how new a person seems.

My problems revolved around having no experience with tremlo or how to properly set it up/tune . It took 4 days before I discovered the fine tunning screws on the bridge side used to tune after you the lock nut. With a little input and few weeks of use its dialed in no probs. I also noticed the action went south somehow when after a week my string height had doubled making it almost unplayable. At this point I realized that it was time for a pro set up all the while suspecting that the tremlo was to blame. This had never happened before and it was the only difference from my past guitars.

Again thanks to links provide by forums I gained a little know how and ended up applying bout 3/4 turn to the truss rod. Shazamm....like a Cadillac. In short there is a little learning curve if you have never owned a tremlo.

My real question pertained to pups and had hoped to gain a little insight thru others experience. The Quadrails originally installed sound nasty. Now even thou I'm hard rock-Metal kinda guy SRV is one of the guitar gods. I'm always practicing his songs ....or trying to and these pickups are semi efficient at one thing...distortion.... which I love but what I need is clarity/tone/distortion. I know there are many contributing factors but just exactly how do alder wings fit in??? I'm playing a Kramer Baretta-strings uknown thru a Peavey Transfex 212pro

Thanks Doc Peace JK oh by the way my browser is set up to accept session cookies only and I'll try to modify for purposes of posting here only. My first few visits I was completely mad dogged with a barage of popups like I've never seen.
# 3
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/24/2005 1:21 pm
OK dude, no problems,

1) SRV had a very specific setup and was a tone monster. Id start whith the overwound single coils he had on number one. You can find the specs here however this is not the end of the story as SRV had a very intricate amp set up and played with a very defined style. Getting an exact copy of the way he sounded will be difficult. I also think he played with 12 gauge strings which would contribute to his tone also.

2) FR trems:

Check out this article for more info on setup. They are time consuming and painful and (IMHO) not worth the grief. I have one axe with a FR on at the moment and once it is set up, it stays locked down for as long as possible !

Action hight is controlled by the hight of the bridge which is a balance between the force generated by tuning the strings and how tight you have screw the springs in the back of the axe. It is possible to work it to the point where you are happy with it but it takes a little time.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 4
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
02/24/2005 4:48 pm
The first, last, and only Floyed Rose trem equipped guitar I had made me so freaking mad that I threw the guitar completely accross a large room onto a carpet covered concrete floor. Odly enough, the guitar didn't get the first scratch, or dent in it :confused:
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.