View post (Depression...)

View thread

spanky10940
spanky10940
02/13/2005 5:18 am
Wow..this is absolutely awesome.. I'm on a few boards and this has got to be the most support I've ever seen! You people really are awesome and I'm now realizing just how much I do enjoy the board and the regular posters on here.

Chuck, Keep your head up bro. In Sept of 2003 my wife and I lost a child a day after she was born. Claire Louise Jewell lived from Sept 29th 2003 to Sept 30th. I never thought I'd be right again after everything else I'd been through with my wife. (I'd give you the whole story but I don't want to steal pony one's thunder ;) ) It took me almost 6 months of my hour long drive into work to not cry the whole way. But after time, and understanding.. it slowly got better. This may not be the best example because of the severity of why I was depressed but the end result was depression so, this may help...

at any rate. Believe me, things can and do get better. There is a saying by Charles Swindoll that goes something similar to
"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how we react to it"
believe me when I tell you, that's the truest statement i've ever heard. Sometimes things are as we choose to have them.

Lastly, as people were saying with the exercise, you may want to check out a book called "eating for your blood type"
You may think it's BS, but your blood type can also be a determining factor in how your moods and energy are in relation to what you've eaten throught the day. I'm an O+ so I need to move around to get energy. If I sit on my fat ass and do nothing, then I'll feel like doing nothing. The hardest part is getting started. When you feel like you're too angry to deal or have too much pent up anxiety, get a heavy bag or some weights and work it out that way. Trust me when I'm telling you, you'll feel 120% better when you've given your all to get that energy out. I've been there.

good luck dude and keep your chin up. Things can get worse, if you choose for them to be that way.
"The one truly great thing about this life is that noone can sincerely and truly help someone, without helping themselves"

Ralph Waldo Emerson