View post (Depression...)

View thread

Sclorch
Sclorch
02/08/2005 8:06 am
Seriously meditation works wonders, especially for the problems your describing. Google buddhist meditation, I would presonally not take any meds, from personal experience and nasty side effects (kiss your sex life goodbye!) Studies have even shown that placebos work better than SSRI's anyway. I think ADP's only mask the problem. This is only my opinion but I think the longer you feel depressed the more conditioned your brain becomes. The brain builds upon patterns most commonly used. You need to build upon the positive ones. Like a trees roots can only grow if they get the energy that they need. The brain stops producing pleasure chemicals when theres no reason to be happy, ie if you sit at home all day never going outside (been there done that) sort of a downward spiral. Life is really all about perception, you can let it break you down or you can make it toughen you up.

Medititation is great for anxiety problems, even after one sitting. If you can focus all of your energy and attention on one simple thing, such as your breathing, your mind will declutter and sort itself out, after awhile you'll be a very calm and collected guy. Excercise is really helpful too, and so is sunshine, your brain needs sunlight for serotonin in the first place. Eat healthy, no fast food or soda and no smoking. You'll feel great in no time!

Good luck!!! :)