View post (Depression...)

View thread

chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
02/02/2005 11:05 pm
Thanks doc,and everyone for all the support.The bout is gone and I feel a bit better. :)

I'm surprised so many others have acute panic attacks and general anxiety.I also have Xanax for attacks that slip thru my 'klonopin and Zoloft' barrier

Panic attacks can be triggered by receptive senses and sudden awareness(certain smells and realizing your heart is beating fast e.c.t)
Your mind and body kicks into the 'fight or flight' syndrome which is meant for survival(if your being attacked by a bear or something),but when your just relaxing on the couch,it gets bad.

When its triggerd,your adrenal glands dump their load.Blood is rushed to your vital organs and muscles which causes tingling in your extremities.Lost perception of time(things go franticly fast but feel like forever).Faint feeling,tingling and racing heart beat are often mistaken as a heart attack or stroke.Feeling of imminent death are common.No one has EVER died from a panic attack(something I had to assure myself many times).

I was having roughly 10 full blown panic attacks daily till I got medication.Generalized anxiety is an even bigger struggle because meds will only do so much...you have to expose yourself to the enviroment you fear gradually,so it can be difficult.
Try once,fail twice...