View post (Depression...)

View thread

Lori_B
Lori_B
02/02/2005 3:27 pm
I am not sure what to say but I want you to know I relate. I also suffer from panic attacks and bouts of major depression. In fact I had a panic attack the other day that nearly lasted all day, I just kept getting waves of them... The people in my life all try to be supportive but I don't think they really understand. Most people are in the mindset of "well what made you feel bad or what are you paniced about".... It's not like that, it just is with no rhyme or reasonings ... you just get some overload of chemicals in your system and whamo...
I don't know what the answer is for you but some of the things that have helped me are: Being outside, especially around moving water, prayer (not going to preach here but when I feel nobody else understands, God will), Physical activity (I know you don't feel like getting up to even go to the bathroom sometimes but you gotta get up and move to release some of those good chemicals), watch your diet (sometimes not having a steady blood sugar level will cause havoc) and stick to as normal of a sleeping pattern as possible.... also, take your meds but keep in mind that is only part of the solution it's up to us to rebuild our lives when in "remission"...

*Big Hug*

Oh, write some music... sometimes depression makes for some killer lyrics