View post (Could it be?!)

View thread

Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
02/07/2005 4:52 am
Originally Posted by: Raskolnikov1). I am not responding to something you said to me, therefore it is not a comeback.

2). I can think of very few Lordathestrings posts that are not at least somewhat informative. If nothing else, he's probably dropped more helpful technical information upon this forum than the rest of us combined.

3). You can't even keep your story straight in this thread; do you really need for those of us that are so inclined to start digging through the copious amounts of material you've given us in other threads to further prove our assorted points?

I don't think anybody here blames you for being pumped that your favorite band is putting out a new album again. God knows that if I ever found out that Morphine was putting out another album of original material, I'd have to change my pants.

HOWEVER:

• 4/5 of the people responsible for making that band what it was are not even remotely involved with it today -- surely you can understand the healthy skepticism most of us feel towards what is today being called "Guns and Roses."

• I know it's not the case, but I have A LOT of trouble thinking of a thread where you haven't brought up GnR or Velvet Revolver. The "you only talk about Guns n' Roses" crowd does have something of a point that maybe you should consider for a moment or three.

• As much as you may love GnR (and justifiably so), other people can, do, and will hate them with equal justification and vigor. If there is room for your opinion, there has to be room for theirs as well.

Well said. But it's to no avail Rask, he'll just snip back a short post and continue on his GnR loving ways.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.