New pop bands

BluesShredder
BluesShredder
03/26/2001 8:40 pm
Hi,
most people are looking for the easy fun,
they dont want to think, dont want to use their brains,
how many young people who like Spears and the rest, read good books and not brainless magazine that tell you how you are suppose to live your life? Buddy Guy came to chicago at the age of 20 with no money AT ALL and he didnt know anyone,
he had nothing to eat and almost died, but he did this beacuse he LOVES music, the truth is that today the big record companies want to make money, they "tell" people whats trendy music and they produce stars that play that music,
Spears and Boyzone are just doing what the companies tell them to do. People can listen to whatever they like, nobody can tell them that the music they like its crap, but nobody can convice us {you know who we are ;-)} that this pop is as good as timeless rock, where are those pop bands of the 80s? teen pop its just another trend, it was created so the companie$ can make more money.
thank God there are youngsters that play great music like
Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Jonny Lang, Derec Trucks, Aynsley Lister, just wait and see,
guitar music will soon prevail,

"The blues is back and is here to stay"

Blues Shredder
Peter
# 1
BluesShredder
BluesShredder
03/26/2001 8:43 pm
the previous post was meant to be a reply to Pop vs. Rock
Peter
# 2
Fender Man
Fender Man
03/26/2001 9:02 pm
Bluesshedder, I know exactly what you are saying. That is exactly what I have been trying to say. Thank you for that comment. Good to know there a few good rock lovers left. Well, catch ya later. Thanks again. I can only hope guitar will prevail.
"I'll stand up next to a mountain and chop it down with the edge of my hand."
-Jimi Hendrix
# 3
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
03/26/2001 10:09 pm
I recently started taking some lessons to get rid of some bad habits.

My instructor is half my age, and he has twice my technical skill.

I'm not worried about the future of guitar.

Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
Fender Man
Fender Man
03/26/2001 10:15 pm
yeah, sure there are talented guitarist. But will they get anywhere? Will people like them? How successful will they be at changing music? It will probably take something 10x as strong as Nirvana to change the pop era. No what I mean?
-Jimi Hendrix
# 5
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
03/26/2001 10:27 pm
Another Led Zep, not really the music but the anti system way of thinking, you can see some of it redeveloping. Dont worry rock s coming back.
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 6
Fender Man
Fender Man
03/26/2001 10:30 pm
I hope so, I'm getting tired of every time I turn on Mtv, all I see is techno-driven pop or rap. And I'm really getting tired of sissy boy bands.
-Jimi Hendrix
# 7
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
03/26/2001 11:21 pm
Less hype-driven stuff like Blues and Jazz have always been bubbling along under the surface. Every once in a while, some exec from The Biz gets tired of the usual dreck, and people like Kenny Wayne Shepherd are 'suddenly' discovered.

From a marketing standpoint, the only difference to The Biz, is the amount of push applied to the product.

I'm sorry to tell you the truth about the Tooth Fairy, but talent has less to do with it than drive. If you really want to make it BIG, then you gotta buy into making music as a business.

Even Michaelangelo and Da Vinci had patrons who paid for their work. The patrons often made demands on the artists to do a particular kind of work. Even the Sistine Chapel ceiling was (more or less) made-to-order.

If ya wanna play music 'cause ya LOVE it, thas' OK.

If your chops catch the attention of The Big Guys, you'll have to decide whether you want to turn a perfectly good hobby into a job.

Meanwhile, keep singin'; keep playin'; an' try to remember why it's called playin'.

I'd like to hear from Lee the Vee on this topic. I have the feeling he's seen this from just about every side there is. Hey, Lee! How 'bout it?

Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 8
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
03/30/2001 9:54 pm
Yeah Gary Moore is one of the best musicians ever (i reckon anyway) and I only found out about his latest album in a magazine a week after it was released yet I cant stop hearing about Britney Spearss new single or ****in Eminems latest new song (funny the way he only picks on Britney Spears and Christina whatsherface who cant fight back). Its boring ****in boring.
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 9
Fender Man
Fender Man
04/02/2001 7:42 pm
I know what ya mean, Led Zeppelin. If someone like eminem or nsync comes out without an album, it just won't go away. You hear it forever. Where's my rock 'n' roll fans at? Do you know how hard it is to find someone who likes rock 'n' roll. It's even harder to find someone who like classic rock (in high school anyway). But everywhere you look, going down the street you hear someone playing rap blasting out of the car, and the only thing you hear is bass.
-Jimi Hendrix
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.