Goodbye cruel world, I'm leaving ya today...

iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
01/09/2005 1:21 am
[Preface: PonyOne, I'm gonna give you a run for your money as "king of long-winded posts" with this one-- I know I've asked for the crown in the past, but I think I wrench it out of your lifeless hands this this post.]

Well, I've been planning this for some time now; this is my last post here at Guitar Tricks Forums in the foreseeable future. Number 2000. (Yeah, I'm a sucker for melodrama) . I'm glad that I reached that plateau before Azrael, and especially Incidents Happen, since, I've been here longer than you, ya know!

I'm not leaving in response to anything; at least, nothing on this site. I just feel that my life has taken me in a different direction and I'm not able to commit as much to this site as I used to. It's kind of hard to explain, but the choice is all mine; that is to say, no one is forcing me to do this.

That being said, I will definitely still lurk, and who knows what the future will hold for me. Perhaps I will make my triumphant return and one day make post #2001. In which case I will expect cases of champagne to be delivered to my front step. Post #2001 will include my full mailing address and UPS account number.

This here will be the thread where I'll be able to garner fountains of praise from you non-moderating peons and my legend will be born; or something along those lines.

It's been almost 5 years since I first joined (May 2000), and I've watched this site go through boom, bust and echo. I remember when the heavy hitters here were magnus, johan and jake sommers, and Jon would actively participate in forum discussions. When ekstasis16 was the theory guru. A lot of things have changed, and many things haven't. We still have the folks that come through here all excited and such and make 20 posts in a day, only to leave after a week; we have the young punks that really, really, REALLY need to retake Grade 3 English; people who want to spam the place up (since you're really going to get far selling cigarettes at a GUITAR FORUM); those whose posts make [U]absolutely no sense at all[/U], even though English is their first language; then there's the occasional person who gets sucked in and trapped in the internet prison known as www.guitartricks.com/forum. I'm sure, if I ever come back, these people will still be flowing through. And Axl_Rose will probably have broken up and reunited with his girlfriend 29,032 times over and divorced and remarried her another 3,424 times.

Thanks to everyone who made this place a great hangout. Thanks, Jon, for allowing me to be a part of something so unique, and I'm very happy to have been able to witness the transition from the "old" to the "new". Everyone, don't be stingy; how many times do you waste $5 on junk a month? Save it up and give the man your money. He deserves it.

Well everyone, keep this place interesting, keep learning, rock on and peace out. Catch ya on the flip side.
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/09/2005 1:26 am
C ya Egg_dude, It has been a pleasure moderating with you !

If you do decide to come back no one will be more pleased than me !

All the best man and I hope the Bingoboys go from strength to strength.

All the best mate
Simon
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
Meta
Meta
01/09/2005 2:19 am
omg Bi2u!?>@1

I will msirs0srs you1.2!?

oh wait hang on typo*

Oh no please do not leave =( if you go im going =)

wich wont matter cause no one cares about me on here anyway =\

........Bye =(
|/- :eek: Zeeky Boogy Doog :eek: -\|
< - (o .0) - >
# 3
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/09/2005 3:32 am
[font=trebuchet ms]Hmm...

I've already given you my views concerning fountains and legends and such.

I suspect that one of the many new registries will have a familiar IP address. Or will David Gilmour suddenly return?

May you and a lonely Skylark find each other.

Peace out.[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
01/09/2005 4:19 am
I love you man!!! Hey, dude, thanks for keeping Dr. Simon from eating my liver with some farva beans and a nice bottle of quixante.

Simon is lying, I'll be the most pleased member if you come back. With you gone, I'll probably get banned! :eek:
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 5
finger_cruncher
finger_cruncher
01/09/2005 5:27 am
Originally Posted by: iamthe_eggman[Preface: PonyOne, I'm gonna give you a run for your money as "king of long-winded posts" with this one-- I know I've asked for the crown in the past, but I think I wrench it out of your lifeless hands this this post.]

Well, I've been planning this for some time now; this is my last post here at Guitar Tricks Forums in the foreseeable future. Number 2000. (Yeah, I'm a sucker for melodrama) . I'm glad that I reached that plateau before Azrael, and especially Incidents Happen, since, I've been here longer than you, ya know!

I'm not leaving in response to anything; at least, nothing on this site. I just feel that my life has taken me in a different direction and I'm not able to commit as much to this site as I used to. It's kind of hard to explain, but the choice is all mine; that is to say, no one is forcing me to do this.

That being said, I will definitely still lurk, and who knows what the future will hold for me. Perhaps I will make my triumphant return and one day make post #2001. In which case I will expect cases of champagne to be delivered to my front step. Post #2001 will include my full mailing address and UPS account number.

This here will be the thread where I'll be able to garner fountains of praise from you non-moderating peons and my legend will be born; or something along those lines.

It's been almost 5 years since I first joined (May 2000), and I've watched this site go through boom, bust and echo. I remember when the heavy hitters here were magnus, johan and jake sommers, and Jon would actively participate in forum discussions. When ekstasis16 was the theory guru. A lot of things have changed, and many things haven't. We still have the folks that come through here all excited and such and make 20 posts in a day, only to leave after a week; we have the young punks that really, really, REALLY need to retake Grade 3 English; people who want to spam the place up (since you're really going to get far selling cigarettes at a GUITAR FORUM); those whose posts make [U]absolutely no sense at all[/U], even though English is their first language; then there's the occasional person who gets sucked in and trapped in the internet prison known as www.guitartricks.com/forum. I'm sure, if I ever come back, these people will still be flowing through. And Axl_Rose will probably have broken up and reunited with his girlfriend 29,032 times over and divorced and remarried her another 3,424 times.

Thanks to everyone who made this place a great hangout. Thanks, Jon, for allowing me to be a part of something so unique, and I'm very happy to have been able to witness the transition from the "old" to the "new". Everyone, don't be stingy; how many times do you waste $5 on junk a month? Save it up and give the man your money. He deserves it.

Well everyone, keep this place interesting, keep learning, rock on and peace out. Catch ya on the flip side.

...And we care becuz? ;) No, but seriously, can I be in your will?
# 6
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
01/09/2005 8:12 am
This is the saddest guitar tricks event in my life. All I know is that i'll miss the hell out of you, and i can't even say anymore because there's tears in my eyes. Well have a good life, and don't stay away too long or I'll be forced to send a "get the hell back here" private message.''

PEACE

# 7
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/09/2005 1:06 pm
Awww Jolly, Id not eat all of your liver !!

Well not in one sitting !!

Besides a partial hepectomy encourages liver re-growth ! Think of the possibilities re- getting rid of scaring sclerosis !!

Besides Id have to go to the store of some onions and there is 6 inches of snow on the ground !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 8
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
01/09/2005 6:01 pm
Eggman, you will be sorely missed.

3y3 w1ll l1k3 m1z0rs y0u b4d!!!

Anyways, it's been fun. Especially in the late night chats.

But please, drop by once in a while to keep Jolly in line. If not, there may be a riot.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 9
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
01/10/2005 2:18 am
You know, when I read the title, i thought you were leaving a suicide note on Guitartricks! Ahhh....sweet relief. Or is it good riddance? I'll let jolly decide.

~Incidents

P.S. I am the Walrus
# 10
Kutzki
Kutzki
01/10/2005 4:22 am
i didnt know you well mister iam the egg man
but you have moved my threads many attimes!
i will miss having my threads in the right place!
rock on man
and best a lcuk were ever you go dude
:cool:
REESES PEACES
When it comes down to it, our guitar's will always be there for us. :rolleyes:
# 11
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
01/10/2005 5:44 am
Eggman....I don't believe it.

Now I have a good reason to use the sad smiley :(

So you're like not gonna post anymore at all? Or are you just giving up your moderator spot, in which case, could you put in a good word for me to Jon? ;)

I'm such a scumbag.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 12
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
01/10/2005 5:56 am
Originally Posted by: LeedoggSo you're like not gonna post anymore at all? Or are you just giving up your moderator spot, in which case, could you put in a good word for me to Jon? ;)

And me? Hahaha, nah, I think the existing mods wouldn't be big fans of giving me mod powers!
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 13
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
01/10/2005 6:11 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonAnd me? Hahaha, nah, I think the existing mods wouldn't be big fans of giving me mod powers!

Yea, I have a feeling you'd abuse those powers in the name of all that is wacky :D.

You'd rename us all after candy land characters!

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 14
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
01/10/2005 1:30 pm
I sure hate to see you go man! You will surely be missed.

Best of luck in all your lifes adventures!
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 15
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
01/10/2005 3:11 pm
Another Torontoian six string down ... what a shame :(
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 16
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
01/10/2005 8:17 pm
Eggman, we hardly knew ye.
# 17
finger_cruncher
finger_cruncher
01/10/2005 11:47 pm
This is just eggman's attempt at receiving praise and being all dramatic...and apparently he's accomplished that goal.
# 18
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
01/11/2005 3:02 am
I am the walrus, I am the eggman . . . ha!
# 19
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
01/11/2005 5:20 am
Originally Posted by: ChristophEggman, we hardly knew ye.

Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this sun of York;
And all the clouds that lour'd upon our house
In the deep bosom of the ocean.
Now are our brows bound with victorious wreaths;
Our bruised arms hung up for monuments;
Our stern alarums changed to merry meetings,
Our dreadful marches to delightful measures.
Grim-visaged war hath smooth'd his wrinkled front;
And now, instead of mounting barded steeds
To fright the souls of fearful adversaries,
He capers nimbly in a lady's chamber
To the lascivious pleasing of a lute.
But I, that am not shaped for sportive tricks,
Nor made to court an amorous looking-glass;
I, that am rudely stamp'd, and want love's majesty
To strut before a wanton ambling nymph;
I, that am curtail'd of this fair proportion,
Cheated of feature by dissembling nature,
Deformed, unfinish'd, sent before my time
Into this breathing world, scarce half made up,
And that so lamely and unfashionable
That dogs bark at me as I halt by them;
Why, I, in this weak piping time of peace,
Have no delight to pass away the time,
Unless to spy my shadow in the sun
And descant on mine own deformity:
And therefore, since I cannot prove a lover,
To entertain these fair well-spoken days,
I am determined to prove a villain
And hate the idle pleasures of these days.
Plots have I laid, inductions dangerous,
By drunken prophecies, libels and dreams,
To set my brother Clarence and the king
In deadly hate the one against the other:
And if King Edward be as true and just
As I am subtle, false and treacherous,
This day should Clarence closely be mew'd up,
About a prophecy, which says that 'G'
Of Edward's heirs the murderer shall be.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.