given my tone the whammy

metalfaithfull
metalfaithfull
12/20/2004 4:43 am
Ive recantly decided on getting the digitech whammy effect however i was wondering if using a multi effects unit for the effect would be just as good as getting the effect all by itself. I'm most likely looking into the rp 200 for this.
1. would the effect be a decant or close replica of the whammy effect that is sold sepratly?
2.would this be a weak link(in terms of quality or bypass sound) in a nice all boss effect chain?
the reason I wanted to know if the rp 200 will do the job is because i thaught if it could i could also use it for other stuff of course that and its a bit cheaper.
Any help is apreciated.
# 1
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
12/22/2004 9:57 am
The rp-200 is an all-around multi-effect unit and costs $150, The Whammy pedal only does the pitch shifting tricks and costs $200 .... There's a reason whammy pedals still sell , yeah?

Go try the rp200 , if the built-in whammy effect satisfied you , buy it ... But since you asked about fitting it into your Boss effect chain , I guess you're a single pedals kinda guitarist , so the whammy pedal seems more right for you.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.