Jimmy Page

Kutzki
Kutzki
12/14/2004 2:09 am
hey everyone
ok i am gonna get right to the point here i have been told i sound like jimmy page
i was wondering why i would sound like him.
i mean he has influenced me like hardcore but i mean i get told that i sound like him...
is this because my solos are built the same?if so how does jimmy page build his solos? haha
and if its just cus i got influenced by him why dont i sound like clapton if he was and is my biggest influence?
k guys thanks in advance
:D
When it comes down to it, our guitar's will always be there for us. :rolleyes:
# 1
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
12/14/2004 7:16 pm
Well, it could be because you sound like Jimmy Paige. Everything sounds like something else it seems sometimes. It also depends on who told you, you sound like Jimmy Paige.

# 2
Kutzki
Kutzki
12/14/2004 7:31 pm
well two people told me i sound like jimmy and they wanted me in there cover band
and my old band said i have a very similar style and i am wondering what style is that.....
another dude told me yesterday when i was just soloing around and he is like "very Pageish dude"
and he plays guitar also
(he is on the forum also haha)
anyways i am just trying to understand my own style here
k we speak
# 3
Jimmi431
Jimmi431
12/14/2004 9:24 pm
okay then if ya sound like good ol' pagey thats an amazing thing! i reckon my style is closest matched to his than any other guitarist i ever heard who influenced me. people say i gotta a similar style, i reckon its cos im a messy as hell solo(er?) and i don't care but play with everything i got. page's style was that messy but everything he played meant somethin unlike guitarist like malmsteen and vai who play precise but it just is a load of c Rap. don't get me wrong he could play perfectly (just listen to since i've been lovin you) but when he goes fast he gets very messy but still sounds good. an he could lay down riffs like no other so without hearin you play i dunno wot makes you sound like jimmy. but it could be that.
The sun is shining the weather is sweet
# 4
Kutzki
Kutzki
12/15/2004 5:44 am
haha its funny that you mention it cus i am a very messy soloer but i do lay down some solid licks and ya i am big in having my heart in the right place (the music)
and JIMMI i guess its a good thing to sound like page
cus that means ppl can tell you are really giving it your full and all
k thanks man i am getting it now :o
# 5
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
12/15/2004 6:57 am
Originally Posted by: iihollyWell, it could be because you sound like Jimmy Paige. Everything sounds like something else it seems sometimes. It also depends on who told you, you sound like Jimmy Paige.

I told him that.

He has a tendency to descend pentatonics in a way similar to many Jimmy Page solos. The reason you sound like Page is mainly because Page has a pretty easy style to accidentally imitate, haha! Clapton's style is not one people usually sound like off the handle. Learn some Clapton songs and do what he does, then you'll sound more like him.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 6
audioanimal
audioanimal
12/15/2004 2:07 pm
Sometimes during a gig, I will get tired and play some sloppy, but really fast, loud crap. Afterwards some drunk dude or chick will come up and tell me how I sound exactly like their favorite guitart player, (insert famous, loud, fast, guitar player name here). It is usually someone I've never heard of, or at least never listened to very much.

There must be alot of real popular, loud, fast, crappy guitar players out there.

Jimi Page is not one of those. I really like his playing. He's not exactly a monster shredder, but a great self-producer of compelling licks and diliberate composition. The guitar work on Radioactive is inspiring and will haunt my musical soul forever, and much Led Zepplin is timeless, and will be listened to long after everyone reading this is 6 feet down.

However, alot of wannabee's trying to sound like him play fast loud crap.

There might be some important info in my post, then again I might just be a tired, old, jaded, fast loud crap player.

Peace,
-Rick
Play what you hear
Listen to what you play
Does it sound good?
# 7
alucard0941
alucard0941
12/15/2004 7:20 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraI hate you.

well i agree that malmsteen sounds like a bunch of bull, but not vai
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 8
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
12/15/2004 8:59 pm
Originally Posted by: Jimmi431everything he played meant somethin unlike guitarist like malmsteen and vai who play precise but it just is a load of c Rap.

I'll give you Malmsteen, but Vai is a very feel-driven, complex songwriter.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 9
crazyguy
crazyguy
12/16/2004 2:04 pm
Vai's playing is beautifull and Malmsteen is (hehe) limmited by his speed.
Impendance is fruitfull
while the buttons are circled.:eek:
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.