A couple of questions

JUSTSOMEGUY
JUSTSOMEGUY
12/01/2004 10:36 pm
I know they may be common questions but...

1) How are sweep arpeggios played?
2) How do you do Pinched Harmonics?

Any help would be great
# 1
moody_fa_loonie
moody_fa_loonie
12/02/2004 1:57 am
Im not familiar with the sweep picking but i can help you out with pinch harmonics. I was unable to do this for awhile but now i juss dont stop with em lol....i find it works better with heavier picks and dont give ur pick much room on the thumb when pullin these off. So ur thumb covers alot of the pick and juss the tip can be seen. But on the guitar you can find the sweet spot to hit the pinch harmonics...it works best in some parts of the fretboard....the best place to isolate and practise is on the G-strings 4th and 2nd frets....its easy to bend in this part of the fretboard and i guess u can later work pinch harmonics into scales when u get better with practise.

HOPE THIS HELPS lol
cheers
# 2
moody_fa_loonie
moody_fa_loonie
12/02/2004 2:01 am
oh yeah and a good song for reference is to check out Van Halens "you really got me"

Riff is fun and pinch harmonics are used alot in the intro....check it out :)
# 3
JUSTSOMEGUY
JUSTSOMEGUY
12/02/2004 12:26 pm
Originally Posted by: moody_fa_loonieIm not familiar with the sweep picking but i can help you out with pinch harmonics. I was unable to do this for awhile but now i juss dont stop with em lol....i find it works better with heavier picks and dont give ur pick much room on the thumb when pullin these off. So ur thumb covers alot of the pick and juss the tip can be seen. But on the guitar you can find the sweet spot to hit the pinch harmonics...it works best in some parts of the fretboard....the best place to isolate and practise is on the G-strings 4th and 2nd frets....its easy to bend in this part of the fretboard and i guess u can later work pinch harmonics into scales when u get better with practise.

HOPE THIS HELPS lol
cheers

Ill try it :)
# 4
JUSTSOMEGUY
JUSTSOMEGUY
12/02/2004 12:27 pm
Originally Posted by: moody_fa_loonieoh yeah and a good song for reference is to check out Van Halens "you really got me"

Riff is fun and pinch harmonics are used alot in the intro....check it out :)

Yep i will:)
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.