View post (Rap / Pop)

View thread

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
11/16/2004 4:28 pm
Its not all that bad.

I downloaded some MTV award performance. Kid rock, RUN DMC, and Aerosmith. The whole collaboration is awesome!! The rapping first section compliments Aerosmiths rock part really well. And the rap section has some nice overdriven gutiar riffs!!

I think Ive embarased myself a few times on this site by admitting to like some 'pop' bands. BUT.. I just love guitar, and even songs like "Fighter" by Christina Aquilera catch my attension because in the background they have nice guitar parts that even proper rock bands would be proud of. Infact doesnt wots his name... play on fighter... guy who goes out with Carmen Electra... used to be in.. umm... Janes addiction?

It also bugs me when people dont appreciate good ballads by pop stars. God half them are written and composed by the pros, not the titz n ass female vocalists thast front them. Good Example would "Everytime" by Britney. Its very cleverly composed, includes a child like wynd up radio thingy.. you know.. the one youd listen to as a baby in your cot! I think briteny is a damn good singer!

It just occured to me that pop music these days is better than it used to be. Man there is way less novelty acts anyway. You watch old episodes of Top Of The Pops (main UK music show) and all you see is novelty acts, people dressed up n stuff like that.

Ok.. this one might kill my credibilty... but "My Place" by nelly. Its actually good! Nice blend of 3 vocalists, ncie beat, cool relaxing song. Something you dont get with rock. Im not into RAP as such, and I hate most of Nellys stuff, all everything by guys like EMinem etc. But just every now and then some pop songs take my liking about at least Im admitting it!

:) Rant Over!