GTA: San Andreas

Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
10/31/2004 2:09 am
Anybody got this game? I just got it, it's so amazing! Please, discuss!

~Incidents
# 1
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
11/01/2004 3:09 am
sweet!

~Incidents
# 2
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
11/01/2004 5:09 am
Waiting for the far superior PC version. :D
# 3
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
11/01/2004 5:29 am
Originally Posted by: ChristophWaiting for the far superior PC version. :D

Yeah, of course a Wolfenstein fan would say that! :p But you're right. PC versions usually kick more ass...although I think "Viewtiful Joe" would suck pretty hard on PC.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 4
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
11/01/2004 2:34 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonYeah, of course a Wolfenstein fan would say that!

You mean Doom? :cool: Yeah, I'm a die hard PC fan. I've never liked shooters on consoles. Trying to control with those little joysticks is way too awkward. IMO consoles are best suited to driving and fighting games.
# 5
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
11/01/2004 10:22 pm
Originally Posted by: ChristophYou mean Doom? :cool: Yeah, I'm a die hard PC fan. I've never liked shooters on consoles. Trying to control with those little joysticks is way too awkward. IMO consoles are best suited to driving and fighting games.

haha, Doom it is. They used the same Icon in wolfenstein though...or at least a similar one. Although, I actually like Halo better on the console because of the little triggers under the joysticks. Even though X-Box's controller could house five Albanians.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 6
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
11/02/2004 4:42 am
Axl Rose is one of the dj jockies on one of the stations. How pathetic.
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 7
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
11/02/2004 3:40 pm
sweet, i reserved sa but when it came time to buy it I decided to get van halen cds instead.... but when I have enough money again I'm gonna buy it.
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?
# 8
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
11/02/2004 4:24 pm
Originally Posted by: ChristophYou mean Doom? :cool: Yeah, I'm a die hard PC fan. I've never liked shooters on consoles. Trying to control with those little joysticks is way too awkward. IMO consoles are best suited to driving and fighting games.

It's the same guy. The pic is a bit more detailed in doom but it's the same guy.

I mostly agree with you on this one. Give me a mouse and I can mop up sixteen people on consoles in any first person shooter.

Any of you played Halo 2 yet? It seriously kicks ass. I said mostly in that last part because the xbox controls work very well with the new dual weapon slots. I don't think it's possible to do better on a computer.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 9
mc9mm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
mc9mm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/02/2004 6:23 pm
If you listen closely on Ohio Player's "Love Rollercoaster" you can hear a
woman be murdered. For real. I don't know which station it's on though.
# 10
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
11/02/2004 6:44 pm
Originally Posted by: mc9mmIf you listen closely on Ohio Player's "Love Rollercoaster" you can hear a
woman be murdered. For real. I don't know which station it's on though.

That's a long disproved urban legend. The scream was done by Billy Beck in the studio.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 11
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
11/02/2004 7:35 pm
I acquired my copy the day it came out and I've found it to get very addictive. The whole week before I got the game was dedicated to writing a song. Having finished the song just before the game came out I figured I'd start working on getting the timing, rhythm etc down and learn the song. Then I go the game and I don't think I've touched my guitar nearly as much as I should have since then. Fun game, addictive as hell, but thoroughly enjoyable.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 12
mc9mm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
mc9mm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/02/2004 9:30 pm
Originally Posted by: HammurabiThat's a long disproved urban legend. The scream was done by Billy Beck in the studio.

Damn.
I thought I could fool some of you at least, but there you go.
I read the story with the model ripping the skin on her legs off etc. a few months ago, and I bought it! Silly me.
But you must agree that it sounds a bit creepy..?

GTASA was released 29th here which is a friday, and I was supposed to work on saturday! Disaster!
Fortunately I had an ace up my sleeve... ...I skipped work!
# 13
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
11/05/2004 1:17 am
Is halo 2 out anywhere yet? Whats the mulitplayer like? Its out in the UK next week. Me and my pals cant wait. We used to have big 4 on 4 battles!
I hope halo 2 isnt too over the top! Like what perfect dark did to goldeneye.. it was a diapointment!

Yea axls radio show is kinda boring! He doesnt really act the part of a DJ.. I bet they were too scared to give him direction incase he flipped and walked out!!
# 14
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
11/05/2004 1:36 am
Halo 2 hasn't been released yet but I've been playing it for about a month now. I don't have a copy for myself (I dont' have an xbox or even a tv) but my friends are well connected.

Halo 2 is seriously the shiznit. It will blow you away. Multiplayer feels similar to the original except for the dual weaponry and swords (which are the most fun weapon in the game and are, I might add, incredibly effective because of the lunge attack), but single player is off the hook. They must have spent all kidns of overtime on it. It's spectacular.

I'll go ahead and release a little spoiler for you all. You don't just get to play as a covenant elite in multiplayer, there are also covenant missions in the game. They're the most fun imo.

I'll be polite and not release any big spoilers. Unless someone asks, of course.

4 on 4 isn't a big battle, btw. That's about average. Find a 16 person game sometime.
-A.H.
# 15
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
11/05/2004 5:08 pm
Cool.
So is the mulitplayer better than in halo 1?
Me and my pals used to play blood gulch, with the cars, and sniper rifles!! AMazin fun!
Are the outdoor levels as good for hiding and stuff? And driving about in teams?
Im worried it will be too overcomplicated and slow because its bigger etc.

Howd you play 16 player? Online or with 4 xboxs joined?

Me and my pals know enuff for 16.. but always stuck to 4 on 4 because some people couldnt make it etc!

Kriss
# 16
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
11/05/2004 6:48 pm
I've play multi-box games over campus LAN.

If you liked the multiplayer in Halo 1 you will most definitely like Halo 2's multiplayer. They feel similar but there's all kinds of added stuff. For example, there can be banshees in multiplayer maps, you can jump on a banshee and steal it like a ghost, there are added weapons (a plasma-based sniper rifle that kicks ass, the AR, the sword, etc), there are the duals (one thing you'll learn fast is it's hard to compete in multiplayer if other people are using duals and you aren't. Find a second weapon fast), plasma pistols now are incredibly effective, damage works differently, etc.

You'll pick up on halo 2 really fast. Hold Y to pick up/swap your left hand weapon, grenades and swtiching weapons drops the left weapon, dual plasma pistols (charged) or a plasma pistol charge with a battle rifle are incredibly devastating because of how damage works. That is, once your shields go you have 1 hit point and then you die. So when you knock someone's shields out with a plasma charge they're pretty well bent over unless they can take you down with a grenade or some other such wmd. Sword lunges are a one hit kill regardless of shields (the sword is a very deadly weapon because when you lunge with it you charge at your target really fast), sword swings kill in two hits.

Blood gultch is available as a map. It was changed in a couple ways (for example, the warp points are safer), but it's still awesome. It now has banshees instead of tanks. Sniper rounds there are especially awesome because you now have two sniper rifles to swap between.

The multiplayer maps are all great. Some of them are big, but they're well enough designed it's not a problem. Zanzibar, the map with the big windmill, is a good one for trying out different game types and options. Battle creek is also available, but I think they renamed it to something like "Beaver Creek". CTF on that map is brutal because outside you've got people tearing at each other with dual plasma rifles and/or needlers and inside you've got people running around with plasma pistols, bullet hoses, and nades.

I don't know how Halo 2 runs off a cd. It might be slow. I've only played it on beefed-up xboxes (one of my bro's friends professionally mods and upgrades xboxes) with the game stored on and ran straight off its hard drive, which is a lot faster than running off a cd. It's not too complicated. Halo 2 about the best designed game you'll ever see.
-A.H.
# 17
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
11/06/2004 11:03 pm
Assuming the computer can handle it. I recently (like 36 hours ago) upgraded my ram from 128. I know it wouldn't have been smoother than swimming in a parking lot with that small of cojones.
-A.H.
# 18
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
11/08/2004 2:48 am
TELL ME MORE HUMMURABI!!!

SO hows blood gulch differnt? The caves still there? The bases still the same? What about the start postions? It was really anooyinh that you always started at the bases!!

Can you still have stealthy games instead of fast action ones?

The warthog? That still cool? In halo if you shot the worthog the driver lost health.. that bugged me because the bullets were hiiting the car not tha player! Do you still lose health this way?
# 19
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
11/08/2004 2:50 am
I bought a PS2 for san andreas. All I can say is man isnt the PS2 dated! After playing PC games, and GTA on the xbox it was a shock to see how bad the PS2 version was!
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.