Velvet Revolver

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
10/05/2004 11:45 pm
How likes em? Whose seen em? Got the album?

I cant get enough of them right now. I love the record! Its one of the few albums I have that I listen to end to end.

I saw em to in Glasgow. They kicked ass! Played a couple of guns covers too which seemed to bug the singer!

How successful are they in the states? Their singles and stuff arent in most shops in the UK so theyl struggle to be really successful like previous guns incarnations.

Anyway, they are the best since GnR! :)
# 1
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
10/06/2004 12:38 am
I LOVE Fall To Pieces, that song rules
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?
# 2
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
10/06/2004 3:28 am
Not really a fan, although I loved GNR. I don't think Scott Drugland is a very good singer; kinda weak and whiny. He can't really belt it out; maybe he can scream, but no real power. At least Axl has a truly unique tone and could also sing ballads real nice.

From what I've heard on the radio, I don't think Slash is being used to his full potential. It just sounds like someone (either producers, Scott Weiland or even Slash himself) is restraining him from playing full-on Slash solos and riffs. Maybe he just needs Izzy back?
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 3
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
10/06/2004 4:07 pm
I'm lovin' the album! Personaly, I like Scott's vocals, but I do somewhat agree with the eggman about Slash. Either way, it's a great album.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 4
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
10/06/2004 5:15 pm
Overall I like the album, but they should have went with a different singer. I like Scott's voice, but it doesn't fit the music to me...
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 5
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
10/07/2004 12:08 am
Scott has a great stage presence... and hes really animated which gets the crowd going. As a frontman Id say hes above average but yea no one will take axls place.

As for slash. I dont really agree that slash is being held back at all. If anything the VR album is more honest and raw than the illusions albums, so I think slash is being genuine. The riffs are heavier than illusions too.

The thing you dont have with VR and that you had with GNR are the epics... piano based songs like November Rain and Estranged, or BIG songs like Civil War. But times have changed and even I find myself moving away from that era of OTT epics.

I love the VR album because it has so much attitude without being cheesy. I love GnR so much but with axl and his lyrics there was a kinda cheesy geeky high school kid rebellion vibe. You know, mindless swearing and obscene lyrics for the sake of being obscene.

If you had a list of slashs best riffs I think 'Set me free' would be in there, and as for solos, hows the one on 'slither'?

We all know the best slash record would be with axl.... but it aint gona happen. The new Guns n Roses have epics... you guys heard 'Madagascar'?
I cant wait till thats finished, its a really cool powerful song!
# 6
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
10/07/2004 1:03 am
The velvet revolver cd just passes the time. Its not bad, but personally its a slap in the face to slash. He was much better in Slash's snakepit where he had more creative involvement. Nobody will ever beat the gunners.

Slither is awesome, set me free is good, fall to pieces is awesome, and the rest is medocore.

I prefer audiolave in terms of the latest hybrid bands.
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 7
10/07/2004 3:17 am
I just got the album and I think its pretty good I'm glad that slash and the
gang got another chance I meen axl was a good singer but he was a total
a** and thats why gnr broke up

about slash being held back I kind of agree and then I don't sometimes he
has to hold him self back or chang it up a littile bit its not gnr its a hole new
band. but that slither solo was awsem one of the best solos I'v herd him play
;)
rock & roll ant muisic
its a way of life
:cool:
# 8
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
10/07/2004 3:57 am
I got the album back in August and I'm pretty happy with it. I was a big fan of GNR and STP so this is a nice arrangement for me. I agree with the bit about Slash not being on his full kick ass potential but all in all it's a nice "freshman" debut for this incarnation. Fall to Pieces, You Got No Right, and Loving the Alien (tracks 6, 10, and 13 respectively) are my faves. This album is definately one of those that you can pop it in and listen to every track. I'm just happy they're back making music.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 9
wejwejwej
wejwejwej
10/09/2004 4:24 pm
Velvet Revolver kicks ass!! I recommend buying there album to anyone who hasnt heard it!! Slash, Duff, Matt, and Scott ( and the other guitar player whos name i dont know) totally kick ass. The only thing i have to say is ... they arent GNR. No matter how good Velvet Revolver gets they will never be able to touch GNR. Axl Rose maybe should change his name to Asshole Rose... but he is still Axl Rose. I also think Velvet Revolver should play more GNR songs!!! For christ sake they are only missing Axl and Izzy!!! What about the classics like Sweet child of mine, Paradise City, & Welcome to the Jungle I would much rather see a GNR reunion than a Velvet Revolver uprise.
# 10
Windfall
Windfall
10/11/2004 3:07 am
i heard Fall to Pieces 1 time on the radio, and immediately DLed it. i thought the song was kind of bad, but loved the chorus guitar scale (i assume Slash). after listening to it a few times, i loved the whole song. (and its all easy to play, because i can play it and i am by no means a pro)
# 11
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
10/12/2004 10:01 pm
I bet your intonation of the bends in the solo isnt up to scratch!
# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.