View post (Velvet Revolver)

View thread

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
10/07/2004 12:08 am
Scott has a great stage presence... and hes really animated which gets the crowd going. As a frontman Id say hes above average but yea no one will take axls place.

As for slash. I dont really agree that slash is being held back at all. If anything the VR album is more honest and raw than the illusions albums, so I think slash is being genuine. The riffs are heavier than illusions too.

The thing you dont have with VR and that you had with GNR are the epics... piano based songs like November Rain and Estranged, or BIG songs like Civil War. But times have changed and even I find myself moving away from that era of OTT epics.

I love the VR album because it has so much attitude without being cheesy. I love GnR so much but with axl and his lyrics there was a kinda cheesy geeky high school kid rebellion vibe. You know, mindless swearing and obscene lyrics for the sake of being obscene.

If you had a list of slashs best riffs I think 'Set me free' would be in there, and as for solos, hows the one on 'slither'?

We all know the best slash record would be with axl.... but it aint gona happen. The new Guns n Roses have epics... you guys heard 'Madagascar'?
I cant wait till thats finished, its a really cool powerful song!