A Post

guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
10/01/2004 1:13 am
There are a lot of people on the 7 grade who play instruments and most play guitar like me. I am one of the best besides this other kid who's just about as good as me........we are kind of friends but sometimes I can't help getting a little......uhhhh......competitive.....and I haven't heard him play for like a year and for some reason it's just bugging me........... Because evryone is better than me at everything......except guitar, and I don't want to be beat at this too..........I sound like a jerk right now........it's hard to explain.....I don't even know what I'm saying anymore.....the kid hwo's as good as me has been playing for a few months less and is only as good as me because I only take lessons when I'm at my dad's house which is only like 2 a month and he takes them a lot more.....I just don't want him to get way better kuz then I'll be back to nothing.....I love guitar so much.......this doesn't make sense.....I still sound like a weird jerk.....kuz I never cared before but ppl like talk about who's the best guitarist and stuff..... and the worst part is eventually our bands will play at the same show...and for me that will be like extreme comptetition.....last time my band wwent on.........i stil remember clearly....I wasn't nervous I was more struck with awe....I just went up on stage and it felt so good....then suddenly I forgot my part...luckily I was the only one playing then but......well now I'mm better and......ahhhh.....if I wasted your time with this post, being a pointless jerk, I'm sorry.
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/01/2004 2:53 am
Dude relax,

enjoy it for what it is, take your time and just enjoy doing what you do. Im not saying don't get better and don't strive for excellence but remember, no one says it is a competition !

There is a famous saying "it is the way that is the goal, not the destination !" and I think they are very wise words !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
10/01/2004 3:23 am
Ease up on the periods, there, son!

Oh, and I hope the show goes well! Let us know!!! (But with less use of periods!)
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 3
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/01/2004 3:45 am
You know what? Sometimes it's hard to define "the best." Try to develop your own style. Give the finger to "Wow, that's AWESOME!" and shake hands with "Wow, that's GUITARFREAK141!!!" Besides, it's GREAT to know someone better than yourself, you can learn things from him/her. And dude, knowing someone about your level can be awesome, because you can compliment each other's playing. Play with this kid as much as you can, the ladies LOVE that stuff.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 4
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
10/01/2004 4:49 pm
I was competitive too when I was young and starting out. Being competitive is a part of being a kid, it's what makes you strive to become better. Don't hold it against the other guy for being as good as you are on guitar, use it. Like Jolly said, jam with him, become his best friend, jam with as many people as you can, whether they are better than you or not. Jamming with other people is the best way to learn to play in groups.

If your competitive on stage, it'll only hurt your performance. Music's not about competition, it's about expressing a feeling. Just have fun with it and you can't go wrong.
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 5
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/01/2004 5:24 pm
Oh, and when people ask who's the best, you tell them that's impossible to say. OR you list the things he's better at and the things you're better at. It's unlikely that one will be better at EVERYTHING.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 6
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
10/01/2004 9:57 pm
thanks a lot guys.....you were a great help :)
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.