phaser like sound when recording

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/24/2004 1:36 pm
This isn't that big of a problem, it actually kindof sounds pretty cool, but I want to know what's causing it. Sometimes, when I'm recording high gain stuff and changing chords, I get this sound that almost sounds like a phaser. I noticed it on my POD pro back then and I'm starting to notice it on my RM preamp on the ultra channel. Could it be some sort of phase problem, or could it just be too much gain? If you want to hear what I'm talking about, take the link in my sig. and listen to "Rock Out." I think you can hear it a little in the chorus. That was done with the RM preamp. I don't have the other recording where it was very noticable that was done with the POD. Like I said, it's no big deal, but I would like to know what's causing it, and how to get rid of it. Thanks for any help.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 1
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
09/24/2004 3:27 pm
And God said "Let there be METAL!" And He looked and he saw that it WAS GOOD!!!!

Anyhow, I'm pretty sure that's just your recording system not being able to handle the distortion. I mean, how many harmonics can your computer pull out? It's not an amplifier.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 2
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/24/2004 3:57 pm
My setup goes as follow's:

guitar--->peavey rockmaster preamp(g-major in the fx loop)--->berhinger direct box w/ 4x12 cab sim--->1/4" input on audigy soundcard(yeah yeah, I know)--->acid pro recording software.

Maybe that will help some
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.