View post (Advise: What Amp Should I Buy?)

View thread

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
10/14/2004 12:48 pm
The Marshall AVT275 is still going to be pretty high running new at $900 and used between $500-$600.

The Fender Ultimate Chorus (not ultra chorus) will run $600 new, and between $220-$350 used.

You could also look for a Peavey Special II 2x12 which will run $530 new, and I can't find one used, so I'm not sure about a used price, but I would say between $200-$300. I haven't played this exact amp, but I have played some of peavey's transtube series amps and they sounded very good. Plus it's got 3 channels.

I don't think you would be going wrong with any of these amps. It just depends on if you need the built in effects or not, and how much you want to spend.

Personally I would probalby go with the Peavey. I've been using Peavey gear for a while now, and have never had any issues with them, I like haveing 3 channels, I've had the other 2 and I like trying things new, built in effects usually aren't quite up to par with my standards(however, the chorus on both sound great), and lastly...that Marshall was a real backbreaker to try to lug around.

Hopefully you'll find the right amp for yourself soon. I would also suggest going to Harmony Central and search through some of the reviews of these amps before making a final decision. Good Luck! ;)
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<