How do I teach?

Kakarot
Kakarot
09/06/2004 1:00 pm
Basically, we've had to replace a band member and I've got the job of teaching the new guy coz he can't learn by himself. I've never taught anyone how to do stuff before so does anyone have any advise on what's the best way to teach the guy and fast.

Thanks

:eek:
http://myspace.com/empyrealdestroyer
# 1
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
09/07/2004 2:55 am
Originally Posted by: KakarotBasically, we've had to replace a band member and I've got the job of teaching the new guy coz he can't learn by himself. I've never taught anyone how to do stuff before so does anyone have any advise on what's the best way to teach the guy and fast.

Thanks

:eek:

Well Kakarot, first you turn into a super sayain and the rest should be easy. :cool: Well, since time seems to be an issue you definately gotta tailor these lessons for him. Think about what kind of music you'll be playing, then assess his skills and find any disparities here. From there just keep working with him and playing with him to help develop his ear and sense of timing. What kind of music will you guys be playing?
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 2
Kakarot
Kakarot
09/07/2004 8:54 am
We'll be playing a sorta metal / hardcore fusion so it is quite technical and has lots of parts. The guy can play the different parts but it's getting him to link them together smoothly and remember them that we're having trouble with.

Maybe if I could get him to go Super Saiyan it might help.
http://myspace.com/empyrealdestroyer
# 3
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
09/07/2004 2:48 pm
Originally Posted by: KakarotThe guy can play the different parts but it's getting him to link them together smoothly and remember them that we're having trouble with.

All that is is practice, if he repeatedly practices the parts, he'll have no trouble remembering them or linking them together.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 4
killerqueen
killerqueen
09/08/2004 12:54 am
you could always chain him to his amp and poke him with sticks until he gets it right...

i found that was quite effective...
Elvis Lives (in my basement)
# 5
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
09/08/2004 4:35 am
Yea, I gotta agree with Jolly. If he's proficient enough to play all the parts, then it's just a matter of practicing the songs as a whole. You could get your band together and record the songs without his parts in the music then give him that recording to practice with, or if your band has enough time just do group practice alot.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.