View post (Bush)

View thread

Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
09/12/2004 9:34 pm
Originally Posted by: LeedoggThe reason we got into that war "FLIP-FLOPPED" so many damn times (WMD, links to Al Quada, he's a brutal dictator, we must bring democracy to the unfortunates, sellin' nukes, etc..) that it amazes me that they can point a finger and use that term. [/QUOTE]

Just to lend some credibility to my claim that Bush too is a "Flip-Flopper" and not nearly as decisive of a leader as he would like us to think, take a look at this article from the Associated Press.

Just in case you're too lazy to read the entire article, I'll post a nice breakdown of Bush's flip-floppiness:

[QUOTE=Associated Press]
If he is a flip-flopper, Kerry has company.

_In 2000, Bush argued against new military entanglements and nation building. He's done both in Iraq.

_He opposed a Homeland Security Department, then embraced it.

_He opposed creation of an independent Sept. 11 commission, then supported it. He first refused to speak to its members, then agreed only if Vice President Dick Cheney came with him.

_Bush argued for free trade, then imposed three-year tariffs on steel imports in 2002, only to withdraw them after 21 months.

_Last month, he said he doubted the war on terror could be won, then reversed himself to say it could and would.

_A week after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, Bush said he wanted Osama bin Laden "dead or alive." But he told reporters six months later, "I truly am not that concerned about him." He did not mention bin Laden in his hour-long convention acceptance speech.

"I'm a war president," Bush told NBC's "Meet the Press" on Feb. 8. But in a July 20 speech in Iowa, he said: "Nobody wants to be the war president. I want to be the peace president."

Bush keeps revising his Iraq war rationale: The need to seize Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction until none were found; liberating the Iraqi people from a brutal dictator; fighting terrorists in Iraq not at home; spreading democracy throughout the Middle East. Now it's a safer America and a safer world.

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile