View post (Bush)

View thread

Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
09/06/2004 3:45 am
Originally Posted by: DreamRyche2112I meant it as, he did't serve in the army, why the hell would a 60 year old man serve in the vietnam war???
[/QUOTE]

You're not only proving yourself to be ignorant, but a flip-flopper! The below are your words, not mine.

Originally Posted by: DreamRyche2112 Who gives a flyin crap if he served in Vietnam, Dwight Eisenhower didn't, I think he did just fine.

Eisenhower did serve in the Army. He went to West Point and was at the top of his class. You don't rise to the rank of Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces by deserting the TANG and snorting coke in Alabama.
Once again, I don't think you realize that Dwight D. Eisenhower led the Allied Forces against Nazi Germany. You mention "I think he did just fine". How would you know? Last time I checked, you would have been negative-forty years old at that time. How can you tell he did just fine? From some textbook? Did you know that he appointed Earl Warren as the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, and was enraged when Earl sided with Brown on the Brown Vs. Board of Education ruling? Since you most likely don't know what Brown vs. Board of Education was, that was basically the deciding factor to end desegregation in the public school system. Eisenhower was against the desegregation, as were the majority of conservatives in his day. If everyone followed Eisenhower's beliefs, schools would still be segregated. How about that for a fine president, hm?

[QUOTE=DreamRyche2112]First of all economy has nothing to do with the president, it has to do with private sectors and how well they distribute and consume products...

The president has a very significant role in the economy, and anyone who disagrees is ignorant to the truth. The economy isn't just private sectors selling and buying ****, it's government spending (like the government giving Halliburton $8 billion for the war on Iraq, in which it was allowed to overcharge the military); it's directly connected to trade-agreements set by the president (like the president's "free" trade idea that has allowed the loss of 2.7 million manufacturing jobs in four years), which are affected by foreign relations, which is affected by the actions of the President.

~Incidents