a sort of spanish-western style

Marauder
Marauder
08/21/2004 10:00 pm
I'm looking for some artists do play a particular style, but I don't know exactly what to call it. It is sort of a spanish-western style of guitar. A good example of it would be the song Neil Young did for the movie Dead Man. I think that song is called Dead Man theme.

The style isn';t quite spanish and it certaibnly isn't country...I wish I didn't have to be so vague about it.

Another example that is kindf of in that style would be the Eagle's album Desperado (not the song but the album) ....like the song Bitter Creek.

Anyway, I really want to start learning more of this style so if amny of you know of an artist or even just a song or two similar to this let me know. A lot of you seem to know a lot about different types of music so I figured I'd give this place a try.....

anything that reminds you of doomed desert adventures, guns, horses, and railroads I guess lol

thanks
# 1
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
08/23/2004 7:10 pm
Tito and the Tarantula's came to mind.....They were the band that was playing near the end of the movie From Dusk Till Dawn.
Here's a link to a video of the song they played while the Goddess Salma Hayak was doing her dance with the snake.....Yummmm.

http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/default.asp?artistID=1031863

Just click on After Dark in the Video's section. Is this the style your talking about??
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.