Customizing my Gee-tar

KonkerTheWorld
KonkerTheWorld
07/27/2004 2:08 pm
ok i've got a list of stuff i want to do to one of my guitars (westfield) but i've never done this and have no iea how.
1. I want to sand down the back of the neck cos it's varnished and really hard play. To do this i need to take off the tunning pegs and probably the strings too lol.
2. It's currently a sky blue colour with a white marble-like plate a the front of the body. i want to change the colour of it and get a different plate for the front of it.

can anyone help me? :confused:
# 1
pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
07/28/2004 5:01 pm
How old of a guitar is it?, If it has been made in the 20 years or so, it probably has some type of poly finish on it, some of which can be quite hard, sanding down the neck or body by hand being careful not to change the contour or making a low spot can be tricky but it can be done, getting a new pickguard for a guitar that is not a popular brand might be a problem, but you could either make your own or have one made, What kind of plans do you have for paint?
# 2
KonkerTheWorld
KonkerTheWorld
07/29/2004 3:43 am
my guitar is only about 5 years old to be honest. as i said the pick-guard is a kind of marble finnish and the body colour is a sky blue. I was hopin to replace this with a red body colour and (i think it was called Scarlet-Inferno pickguard). It's basically a red + orange plate but whether it's available for a westfield or not i'm really not sure. I have a really old kid's acoustic i rescued from the attic...i'm gonna practice restoring that before i try to sex-up my £200 electric Westfield though.
# 3
pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
07/30/2004 12:32 pm
You have the right idea, practice on something cheap first, rather than find out later that you dove in to the deep water before learning to swim, good luck.......
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.