I Got The Blues (Well I'm Tryin' To Get 'em)

MusicallyMrM
MusicallyMrM
07/20/2004 1:40 pm
:) Man, I heard this riff.......Greg V (Double Trouble) played it on a Bogner Demo at Bogner site. Just a few measures but they were just powerful. Man what a tone! Got inspired and wanted to play them blues!

What makes a good blues song y'all? Bad life experiences? A feeling? A formula? I'm trying to write my first blues lyric. I've read the stories. I've listened to everybody from Robert Johnson to Keb Mo'.

I've played lots of blues songs but I never have been able to write one that sounded legitimate to me. Something heart felt-from the gut yet just a twist of Irony and humour to keep the story fresh. I wrote this little song, "Damn Wrong !" Went the "roots" production route on this one. Used 4-track tape and analog processors (a Radio Shack Stereo Reverb, an old Pioneer Dynamic processor) SM-58 for a mic (no compression), and used a friends Bassman amp for the guitar. It's amazing what you can get out of old bits and pieces that you store in the attic. Take a listen. Comments are real welcome. This is my first attempt at this genre. Here's the link:

Click On The Link for "Damned Wrong"
# 1
MusicallyMrM
MusicallyMrM
08/12/2004 7:38 pm
Just a friendly bump. I was hoping to get a little input from a few of the listeners. To those that listened, I hope you liked. :p
# 2
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/12/2004 8:50 pm
Try putting this in the listening post...

:cool:
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks
# 3
MusicallyMrM
MusicallyMrM
08/13/2004 2:59 am
Hey Ace, I thought this *was* the listening post. :confused:
# 4
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/13/2004 3:15 am
I moved it ! Good job with the tune man !
If I had to offer crits I'd say is is too long and could do with a little more in the way of dynamics. Shortening the tune would solve the dynamics problem also !
Im listening to this on my Mac which only has little speakers however it sounds like you have done a really top job with the performance and the tracking / mixing !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 5
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
08/24/2004 1:49 am
Sounds great! I love the blues, and you've bot it nailed (at least for my taste)
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.