View post (I Got The Blues (Well I'm Tryin' To Get 'em))

View thread

MusicallyMrM
MusicallyMrM
07/20/2004 1:40 pm
:) Man, I heard this riff.......Greg V (Double Trouble) played it on a Bogner Demo at Bogner site. Just a few measures but they were just powerful. Man what a tone! Got inspired and wanted to play them blues!

What makes a good blues song y'all? Bad life experiences? A feeling? A formula? I'm trying to write my first blues lyric. I've read the stories. I've listened to everybody from Robert Johnson to Keb Mo'.

I've played lots of blues songs but I never have been able to write one that sounded legitimate to me. Something heart felt-from the gut yet just a twist of Irony and humour to keep the story fresh. I wrote this little song, "Damn Wrong !" Went the "roots" production route on this one. Used 4-track tape and analog processors (a Radio Shack Stereo Reverb, an old Pioneer Dynamic processor) SM-58 for a mic (no compression), and used a friends Bassman amp for the guitar. It's amazing what you can get out of old bits and pieces that you store in the attic. Take a listen. Comments are real welcome. This is my first attempt at this genre. Here's the link:

Click On The Link for "Damned Wrong"