View post (Ace...)

View thread

The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/03/2004 8:29 pm
When I read your post, I honestly had no clue what you were talking about. Then it hit me: the instructor page. I forgot about that completely! I haven't updated in sooo long, time is slipping.

To be honest, those tricks don't even show what I really know. I came up with that arpeggio before I even learned the modes, I had the progression of Impressions playing and was trying out some stuff and that just came up. At the time I just figured it was a true Am7 arpeggio, cuz that's what it said on the lead sheet for the chord.

The reason it worked back then was 'cuz I was playing in Dorian, the common scale in jazz for soloing use over a minor 7th chord.

But since I didn't know modes at the time... I had no idea what to call it... so I was trying to say this is something you could use over an Am7.

Thanx a lot for noticing though, I'll keep that trick hidden until I can make a new recording and fix it.

(for further stuff about my tricks just email me: [email]Xcalibur910@aol.com[/email])
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks