Need help with solos

Guitarin'4Jesus
Guitarin'4Jesus
02/06/2001 8:01 pm
I've been writing a little bit of music and I wanna put some solos and stuff into it but I can NEVER figure anything out, I can work on it for hours but nothin'll come. Any Ideas? (books or sites for scales and music theory maybe?)
I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes. Romans 1:16
# 1
Guitarin'4Jesus
Guitarin'4Jesus
02/07/2001 6:22 am
I also need some help with speed any suggestions?
I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes. Romans 1:16
# 2
LEEtheV
LEEtheV
02/07/2001 2:27 pm
Originally posted by Guitarin'4Jesus
I've been writing a little bit of music and I wanna put some solos and stuff into it but I can NEVER figure anything out, I can work on it for hours but nothin'll come. Any Ideas? (books or sites for scales and music theory maybe?)

*Back in the day (Talkin' about 50's, 60's stuff) when "lead" guitar was still developing, ALOT of guitarists would simply play a lead that emulated the vocals on the verses....(i.e. They would play NOTE FOR NOTE the SAME notes that they sang in one of the verses...) ....This works VERY well for beginners, because when you get the lead down, THEN you can add "little things" here and there (like triplets, string bends or whammy stuff) to flavor it up a bit and give it a distinctive "feel" :).....(The SUPER cool thing about doing leads this way is that NOBODY can accuse you of playing like somebody else (per say))....The lead in the song will be yours and yours ALONE !! It will be YOUR sound and (since it is YOUR song) is the building blocks for your ULTIMATE ROCK FUTURE :)

[Edited by LEEtheV on 02-07-2001 at 09:34 AM]
*Turn the bastard up and see what happenz.... :D
# 3
Dr. Saturno
Dr. Saturno
02/28/2001 8:59 pm
You can start a solo with a bending in the the second note to the third on the scale that you´re using, then you can play with those notes and the fourth (is the note one string down that you´re playing). This is a very basic way of starting a solo. I recommend you to listen any AC/DC record of the late seventies and catch the feeling of the solos.

Dr. Saturno from Argentina
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.