Coming over from Jamplay

dj207
Full Access
dj207
Full Access
11/29/2020 5:58 am

Hi All,

My name is Dave, I have been a Jamplay subscriber for a number of years. While I feel they have alot of good content, it is simply overwhelming for me. Through the years ive tried a number of different ways to learn guitar and figuired I would try Guitar Tricks. Trying to get back on the horse after so many failed attempts. From what I read it seems that Guitar Tricks is a bit more structured which is what I may need. Any feedback welcome! Thank you!

# 1
ddiddler
Full Access
ddiddler
Full Access
11/29/2020 10:47 am

Hi my name is also Dave

it says you joined in 2009 so you've been sleeping

I too tried the introduction lessons on Jamplay and Fender

Just different ways of doing things

Maybe a bit of style over substance but all their tutors follow different formats so hard to find one you can stay with.

Trying to get you on to riffs and songs before your ready and felt a bit overwhelming.

Joined GT in May and have enjoyed all of it.

The structured courses do suit me as a beginner

I enjoy flitting round all the courses on the Channel even if a tad advanced for me

The Friday facebook specials by MIke Olekshy cover a whole range of topics and levels but very much include the beginner.

Don't forget the toolbox, often overlooked.

Enjoying everything so much I went and bought an acoustic to go with my electric and I even have a ukulele coming at xmas

# 2
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
11/29/2020 11:12 am

Hi Dave and welcome.

Beginner lessons may be a good place to start and to add what Dave mentioned about Tools, getting used to using the search function will bring up material that is otherwise buried on the site.

Good luck with your studies.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 3
mjgodin
mjgodin
11/29/2020 1:59 pm

Welcome Dave, I tried Jamplay too with my free 3 months subrscription for buying a Squire and I found it wasn't as organized or put together as Guitar Tricks is. Here the lesson's build on each other and the instructors are very encouraging. GoodLuck,

Moe

# 4
dj207
Full Access
dj207
Full Access
11/29/2020 3:03 pm

Hi Dave!

Yes - I was a member in 2009 and things got crazy for me and I had to put it down for a while. ITook lessons for a while, however the instructor was so advanced that I think it was hard for him to teach beginners.. Just due to his wealth of knowledge I would love to reach a certain point and go back to him to learn the advanced material he is really capable of. Consequently I learned alot of "this and that" and fragments, I need to go back in fill in alot of gaps. I think JP has alot of great content but really sturggled to stay on a path. Im glad you like it here. The only thing I think I will miss is the live interaction with other members / teacher, however I think GT forums are pretty active by the way it looks. Im glad you are finding GT benefical as a beginner and thank you for the tips!

Originally Posted by: ddiddle[/p

Hi my name is also Dave

it says you joined in 2009 so you've been sleeping

I too tried the introduction lessons on Jamplay and Fender

Just different ways of doing things

Maybe a bit of style over substance but all their tutors follow different formats so hard to find one you can stay with.

Trying to get you on to riffs and songs before your ready and felt a bit overwhelming.

Joined GT in May and have enjoyed all of it.

The structured courses do suit me as a beginner

I enjoy flitting round all the courses on the Channel even if a tad advanced for me

The Friday facebook specials by MIke Olekshy cover a whole range of topics and levels but very much include the beginner.

Don't forget the toolbox, often overlooked.

Enjoying everything so much I went and bought an acoustic to go with my electric and I even have a ukulele coming at xmas

# 5
dj207
Full Access
dj207
Full Access
11/29/2020 3:04 pm

Thank you everyone! Im looking forward to a new adventure!

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.