Hope it is never to late

ronald.g.elmore
ronald.g.elmore
04/06/2019 12:22 pm

Just joined full access. "Tried" to play for more years than I like to remember. Can play pretty much all the chords, but never took a disciplined, systematic approach to lessons. Just upgraded my guitar to a martin 000-15M, so thought I would give it a go with guitar tricks.

# 1
sgautier8th
Full Access
sgautier8th
Full Access
04/06/2019 5:23 pm

There seem to be a lot of people in the exact same "boat" on here, including me! I knew a bunch of chords and some songs, but had to "unlearn" some bad habits during the Fundamentals 1 course (e.g. building chords upside down instead of placing the bass note first). From a fellow newbie, don't resist unlearning and doing it Lisa McC's way, it will only slow you down and impede your progress. If you re-learn it the right way, it might take a couple of hours of your time, but you will open up the road to progress at a mind-blowing pace. Then again, maybe you have no bad habits?...

I can tell you that I have been doing this now since early February (joined last day of 2018 and didn't really start using it during January) and I am half-way through the Fundamentals 2 course (there are a couple of other guys on here that have been moving even faster, go at your own pace). It is unbelievably effective if you stay with the lessons, use the practice sessions, jam tracks, loop (on the videos) and learn a few songs from the library along the way. Lisa McC really has a winning formula and everything builds off of what came before. Caren and others also really build on what you've learned in Fundamentals when you watch the song lessons.

And we are only beginning to scratch the surface . . . .!

# 2
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/08/2019 3:01 pm

Oh you two just put a big smile on my face!

The systematic approach in my Fundamentals Courses guarantee that you won't miss out on any of the basic foundations skills you need in order to really become comfortable withthe instrument and have a ton of fun learning more, and faster, than you thought possible for yourself.

Have fun!! - Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.