Another one back to stay this time

MikeT.
MikeT.
09/07/2017 3:10 am

Mike from Ontario Canada here. I was a member a while back but for some reason (that I don't remember) I drifted away, seeking the holy grail of guitar courses. But most courses and especially the YouTube vids have no sense of direction. I NEED a path to follow. Guitar Tricks is one of the few with that path.[br][br]I'm totally into blues and I'm reasonably proficient in the basics but I'm taking two paths at the same time - the blues basics levels, just to fill in any gaps that I might have plus the mighty "The Thrill is Gone" that Anders teaches.

I've just re-signed for a monthly but I expect to switch over to the annual sub. GT seems to have everything I need. The looping feature is especially well done - much better than others I've seen.

Dazed and Confused.

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
09/07/2017 11:10 pm

Hi Mike,

We're really glad you're part of the Guitar Tricks community. And yes, BB King's "The Thrill is Gone" is such an amazing song to learn and play, and Anders is certainly a fantastic instructor. Remember, if you have any questions for the instructors, you can always leave them a question in their dedicated forums, or if you have other questions, always feel free to ask.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/08/2017 2:21 pm

Hey & welcome back!

Originally Posted by: MikeT.

I'm totally into blues and I'm reasonably proficient in the basics but I'm taking two paths at the same time - the blues basics levels, just to fill in any gaps that I might have plus the mighty "The Thrill is Gone" that Anders teaches.

That's a great plan. Learning new skills & ideas along with a mix of songs you love is the optimal way to learn guitar. Anders does a wonderful job on the Blues Style courses. Have fun!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 3
MikeT.
MikeT.
09/08/2017 10:24 pm

Thanks Chris. I've seen your stuff and I'll check it out when I get "Thrill" under my belt. When I first arrived I typed in that song and up popped Anders' page.

Dazed and Confused.

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.