Epiphone Dot MIK or MIC?

Mike Lo
Mike Lo
08/31/2020 1:37 am

I'm looking to buy a new guitar—a used one actually—it's an Epiphone Dot MIK year 2001. I've done quite a few research online, and found that there are players that prefer MIK over the current MIC ones. Some say that MIK are better built, better craft and also weight a bit heavier. I've never played one. But I did play an Epiphone Dot MIC at my local store, and it sounded pretty good. So how better can an MIK be? I guess my question is, if you guys have any experiences in either playing or owning an Epiphone Dot MIK or MIC? What are your thoughts? Is one factory made better than the other? Thanks.

# 1
hunter.kane
hunter.kane
08/31/2020 1:59 am
Originally Posted by: Mike Lo

I'm looking to buy a new guitar—a used one actually—it's an Epiphone Dot MIK year 2001. I've done quite a few research online, and found that there are players that prefer MIK over the current MIC ones. Some say that MIK are better built, better craft and also weight a bit heavier. I've never played one. But I did play an Epiphone Dot MIC at my local store, and it sounded pretty good. So how better can an MIK be? I guess my question is, if you guys have any experiences in either playing or owning an Epiphone Dot MIK or MIC? What are your thoughts? Is one factory made better than the other? Thanks.

I don't have much experience with those guitars, but you know you like the MIC, you may spend time to find the MIK and not even like it.

# 2
Mike Lo
Mike Lo
09/07/2020 1:04 am

Thanks. I went to try the Epiphone Dot MIK. What a fantastic guitar. I bought it on the spot. Been noodling around with it, great sound, great tone.

# 3
Herman10
Herman10
09/10/2020 12:44 am

I have the Epiphone 1960 tribute plus les Paul which is handcrafted in China but comes with all the hardware and PU 's from Gibson ( not manufactured under license but original Gibson ) , The guitar plays like a charm and sounds incredible good, total picture of the guitar looks good, no flaws or anything, only downside is the weight, almost 12 pounds and that is havy if it hangs around your neck all night long playing a gig.

Never played one made in K

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.