Positive grid spark amp.

Guitar Tricks Forum > Gear Discussion > Positive grid spark amp.

robin79noordh

Full Access

Hey, just ordered the spark amp the other day .

Is anyone here using that amp?

Hey, just ordered the spark amp the other day .

Is anyone here using that amp?

fuzzb0x

Full Access

I've got one on pre-order, I haven't had a chance to try one myself yet but the reviews I've seen of it convinced me to order one.

I've got one on pre-order, I haven't had a chance to try one myself yet but the reviews I've seen of it convinced me to order one.

robin79noordh

Full Access

It was abit of an inpuls buy for me, but I have the elite bias amp and effects by them so I know thay come up with good stuff.

the reviews are good as you say so looking forward to when thay start shipping them out.

The only thing I would wanna as to the amp/app is a looper, not sure if I can add a looper to it.

It was abit of an inpuls buy for me, but I have the elite bias amp and effects by them so I know thay come up with good stuff.

the reviews are good as you say so looking forward to when thay start shipping them out.

The only thing I would wanna as to the amp/app is a looper, not sure if I can add a looper to it.

fuzzb0x

Full Access

A looper would've been a perfect addition to the amp, maybe it'll be on the next model.

The pre order prices were too good not to take a chance on this, hopefully it'll be a keeper, either way looking forward to actually trying it out.

A looper would've been a perfect addition to the amp, maybe it'll be on the next model.

The pre order prices were too good not to take a chance on this, hopefully it'll be a keeper, either way looking forward to actually trying it out.

matonanjin2

Full Access

I am really looking forward to seeing some reviews of this after the early adopters have had this for a while. It looks so interesting. As a practice amp I just don't know what they could have possibly added to this thing to make it more ideal for that purpose. Other than, as a couple mentioned, a looper.

I am really looking forward to seeing some reviews of this after the early adopters have had this for a while. It looks so interesting. As a practice amp I just don't know what they could have possibly added to this thing to make it more ideal for that purpose. Other than, as a couple mentioned, a looper.

Chabu

Full Access

Word of warning: I have heard they are way behind in production and people have been waiting up to 6 months for one. Apparently if you're a YouTube reviewer you can get one quite quickly...hehe.

Word of warning: I have heard they are way behind in production and people have been waiting up to 6 months for one. Apparently if you're a YouTube reviewer you can get one quite quickly...hehe.

matonanjin2

Full Access

I know that most of you that posted above have this on order and, as chabu said, there is a real production delay.

But for anyone considering this (I still am) Guitar Player magazine, July issue, has a review of it. I have not read the article yet so can't report on their impression.

I do wonder, Chabu, how the reviewers can get theirs when production is so behind!

I know that most of you that posted above have this on order and, as chabu said, there is a real production delay.

But for anyone considering this (I still am) Guitar Player magazine, July issue, has a review of it. I have not read the article yet so can't report on their impression.

I do wonder, Chabu, how the reviewers can get theirs when production is so behind!

spb1122

Full Access

It is interesting for sure, but the whole pre-order, wait six months thing is such an unusual business practice, that it does raise questions/concerns.

As mentioned above, all the reviews I can find are by people who got the amp from Positive Grid for the sole purpose of writing a review (YouTube type pro type reviewers). That's a marketing move on Positive Grid's part. Maybe some/most/all of those reviews are legit, but I'm skeptical. At least it doesn't sway me personally to drop cash on the amp. I'd like to wait until ordinary players, who actually pay for the amp (and waited 6 months +/- for it) have the amp for a bit, and get a chance to write reviews without a marketing agenda behind them.

On paper it seems like a cool toy. Ordering now does save you $70-$75 bucks, but for me, it's not worth the chance. To be fair, I hesitate to buy any brand new product until it gets some street time.

It is interesting for sure, but the whole pre-order, wait six months thing is such an unusual business practice, that it does raise questions/concerns.

As mentioned above, all the reviews I can find are by people who got the amp from Positive Grid for the sole purpose of writing a review (YouTube type pro type reviewers). That's a marketing move on Positive Grid's part. Maybe some/most/all of those reviews are legit, but I'm skeptical. At least it doesn't sway me personally to drop cash on the amp. I'd like to wait until ordinary players, who actually pay for the amp (and waited 6 months +/- for it) have the amp for a bit, and get a chance to write reviews without a marketing agenda behind them.

On paper it seems like a cool toy. Ordering now does save you $70-$75 bucks, but for me, it's not worth the chance. To be fair, I hesitate to buy any brand new product until it gets some street time.

fuzzb0x

Full Access

There are a few videos starting to appear on YouTube from genuine customers but you do need to scroll through a lot of the bigger channels videos to find them, I'm expecting around a three to four month wait for my amp to arrive which is ok for me as my work is so busy at the moment I'm not getting much time to practice guitar right now.

I was actually going to buy a boss katana amp for home practice as all my other amps I still have are too loud to use in the house really and it saves me having to set up any pedals but the extra features the Spark amp has with the jam along etc.... sold me on it, if it doesn't live up to the hype it'll go on eBay and I should get my money back easy enough but hopefully I won't have to do that.

But what I'm really looking forward to is when rehearsal rooms re open in the UK so I can get back in there with my band and I can crank my JTM45 again!

There are a few videos starting to appear on YouTube from genuine customers but you do need to scroll through a lot of the bigger channels videos to find them, I'm expecting around a three to four month wait for my amp to arrive which is ok for me as my work is so busy at the moment I'm not getting much time to practice guitar right now.

I was actually going to buy a boss katana amp for home practice as all my other amps I still have are too loud to use in the house really and it saves me having to set up any pedals but the extra features the Spark amp has with the jam along etc.... sold me on it, if it doesn't live up to the hype it'll go on eBay and I should get my money back easy enough but hopefully I won't have to do that.

But what I'm really looking forward to is when rehearsal rooms re open in the UK so I can get back in there with my band and I can crank my JTM45 again!

AustinUK___9teen70eight

Full Access

I was looking at this, but the wait time put me off.

went for the spider V mk ii

very happy with it

I was looking at this, but the wait time put me off.

went for the spider V mk ii

very happy with it