Just like Christmas

buddyr93
buddyr93
01/10/2019 2:40 pm

Last night was just like Christmas. Fedex delivered my new Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro in bourbon burst and a Marshall MG30FX amp.

To put things in perspective, I'm a beginner who has played around with an acoustic over the past year while doing online lessons here. I recently got motivated and jumped back on the train with a vengeance. Hence, the decision to take a leap and buy an electric guitar. I've always loved the sound and look of a Les Paul, so that's where I started my search.

So, back to the guitar. Yes, it's a Chinese made Epiphone, but it's absolutely beautiful. Finish is flawless and it arrived in perfect condition. I'm kind of overwhelmed by everything right now as far as different sounds/tones, etc but playing it last night was amazing. I'm excited about the journey ahead and learning how to get everything dialed in.

For those of you familiar with the movie A Christmas Story, I feel like Ralphie and this guitar is my Red Ryder BB gun.

# 1
manXcat
manXcat
01/10/2019 5:25 pm

Ha ha... Nice. 'Merry Christmas Ralphie'! 😄

# 2
danhurley05
danhurley05
01/13/2019 7:23 am

I received my Christmas gift of a Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro for Christmas but mine was in the Green. It is a beautiful guitar!!!!! We both made the right decision!!! :-)......

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.