Guitar quality issue??

darrenstoneca@yahoo.ca
Full Access
darrenstoneca@yahoo.ca
Full Access
11/12/2017 8:09 pm

I've just dropped a grand on a Yamaha ac3R. After getting it home I noticed that the spruce front actually looks rather different on one half of the front as opposed to the other half. I take it the front is made of two different pieces of wood but not matched well. Am I expecting to much for the front to look as beautiful as the solid wood back and sides or is this a common look in a $1000 (Canadian) guitar?

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/13/2017 3:08 pm
Originally Posted by: darrenstoneca@yahoo.ca

I've just dropped a grand on a Yamaha ac3R. After getting it home I noticed that the spruce front actually looks rather different on one half of the front as opposed to the other half. I take it the front is made of two different pieces of wood but not matched well. Am I expecting to much for the front to look as beautiful as the solid wood back and sides or is this a common look in a $1000 (Canadian) guitar?

It's a common building technique for guitars to use more than one piece of wood for the body (or neck). But, yes, they should match aesthetically. If you are unsatisfied you should request an exchange. Explain the problem to the store & ask about possible solutions. Look at the other guitars of the same model or price range.

Personally, I judge a guitar more by it's playability & sound. How does it play & sounds? But that is a lot of money! So, if you are unsatified, get satisfaction. :)

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.