Amp + headphones + wireless: any suggestion?

Cele.C
Cele.C
04/16/2017 4:45 pm

Dear All,

I am learning playing electric guitar using a small amp, a Blackstar "LT-Echo 10" (10 Watts). As I am using it at home and, mainly during the evenings/nights, I am using it with my headphones plugged in the emulated Line Out.

Now, I'd like to listen at the music lessons here on GuitarTricks and, at the same time, have my guitar plugged in and ready to play. I thought about some options:

1) Using a bluetooth transmitter plugged into the amp together with wireless headphones which could pick both the guitar sound from the wireless transmitter and the audio from my laptop.

2) Using a headphone amplifier plugged directly into my guitar, e.g. a Vox Amplug2 (Clean or Classic Rock) together with some good headphones plugged into the mini amp. With this solution, however, I cannot use the headphones to hear both the sound from the amplified guitar and the audio from the laptop.

Which option would you suggest?

In general, what's your opinion about these headphones mini amplifiers and playing/practicing in "silent" mode?

Any help and suggestion will be very much appreciated.

Thanks and best.

CeleC

# 1
bookas58
bookas58
04/16/2017 11:32 pm

Lots of options , could be as simple as running yor head phone out let to your amp and into the audio in socket ( if you have one , not familiar with this amp ) or a simple Y piece connector that has 2 in one out . Probably wont cost much.

# 2
bookas58
bookas58
04/16/2017 11:40 pm

Curiousity is a beast , just checked it on the net and it has an mp3 line in . So run a cable from the speaker / headphone outlet on your computer to the mp3 input on the amp .

# 3
Cele.C
Cele.C
04/18/2017 11:08 am
Originally Posted by: bookas58

Curiousity is a beast , just checked it on the net and it has an mp3 line in . So run a cable from the speaker / headphone outlet on your computer to the mp3 input on the amp .

Hi bookas58,

That's a useful suggestion. Thank you very much!

Best,

CeleC

# 4
Marc2017
Full Access
Marc2017
Full Access
04/18/2017 12:21 pm
Originally Posted by: Cele.C

Dear All,

I am learning playing electric guitar using a small amp, a Blackstar "LT-Echo 10" (10 Watts). As I am using it at home and, mainly during the evenings/nights, I am using it with my headphones plugged in the emulated Line Out.

Now, I'd like to listen at the music lessons here on GuitarTricks and, at the same time, have my guitar plugged in and ready to play. I thought about some options:

1) Using a bluetooth transmitter plugged into the amp together with wireless headphones which could pick both the guitar sound from the wireless transmitter and the audio from my laptop.

2) Using a headphone amplifier plugged directly into my guitar, e.g. a Vox Amplug2 (Clean or Classic Rock) together with some good headphones plugged into the mini amp. With this solution, however, I cannot use the headphones to hear both the sound from the amplified guitar and the audio from the laptop.

Which option would you suggest?

In general, what's your opinion about these headphones mini amplifiers and playing/practicing in "silent" mode?

Any help and suggestion will be very much appreciated.

Thanks and best.

CeleC

If you look closely at the Vox Amplug2, you'll notice that it has a line-in 3.5 mm socket on the side, opposite the headset jack. So you can patch your computer running GT lessions (or anything) into the jack at the same time. The new VOXs unit are amazing and include echo, reverb and other settings.

-=Marc

# 5
Cele.C
Cele.C
04/19/2017 9:35 am

Hi Marc,

[br]Thank you for your message and your opinion about the Vox mini amps.

I am really intrigued by their portability.

[br]Best wishes,

CeleC

# 6
awesomeeagler
awesomeeagler
09/19/2018 11:39 am

recently i was looking for earbuds for my new phone, and i must say there are tons of options in the market, most of earbuds are low priced but quality is low too, i spent 265 on jabra elite 65t and i am satisfied with them, i would suggest you to follow up this guide https://www.pollowers.com/best-wireless-earbuds/ as it contain alot of information about which things to consider before buying any earbud. i hope my comment will help you.

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.