Recommendation: "Next Chord" in song videos

thyde76
thyde76
10/22/2018 5:44 pm

I'm still going through Fundamentals 1 with Lisa. One of the things I thought about last night going through my latest lesson was that it would really help to have a "Next Chord" or "Upcoming Chord" in the bottom corner of the song videos. I'm getting a little faster with chord changes, but not knowing what's coming up next makes it hard to stay with the backing track. I don't have a printer at my apartments, and I wouldn't want to have four or five pages of tab scrolled across my desk even if I could print. Having a visual cue of what's next would help a lot.

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
10/23/2018 6:29 pm

Hi Thyde,

At the bottom of each video is a notation tab.You can click on that, and bring it up side by side with your video so you can see exactly what's going to be played. Have you tried that yet?

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
thyde76
thyde76
10/29/2018 5:08 pm

I haven't tried that. I'll take a look at it tonight. Thanks!

# 3
thyde76
thyde76
10/31/2018 12:12 am
Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks Admin

Hi Thyde,

At the bottom of each video is a notation tab.You can click on that, and bring it up side by side with your video so you can see exactly what's going to be played. Have you tried that yet?

That's great if it's a short song, but as soon as you have to start scrolling, it doesn't work anymore. You would have to stop playing, pause the video, and scroll down to the next part. That's not efficient when you're trying to learn.

As much as I enjoy GT, I'm finding that aspect extremely inefficient for a beginner on guitar. Again, having some visual cue of what's next would be very helpful.

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.