Open g chord help

Guitar Tricks Forum > Open Discussion > Open g chord help

rgie

Full Access

Hi everyone ive playing guitar for a bit now but i noticed when i use my ring finger on the g string it mutes the A string. Given i have small hands anyone have a tip on how to correct this. Thank you.

Hi everyone ive playing guitar for a bit now but i noticed when i use my ring finger on the g string it mutes the A string. Given i have small hands anyone have a tip on how to correct this. Thank you.

jreyn1

If you are trying to play an open G chord you shouldn't be fingering the g string at all? The g string and a string are separated by the d string so how can you mute the a string?

If you are trying to play an open G chord you shouldn't be fingering the g string at all? The g string and a string are separated by the d string so how can you mute the a string?

rgie

Full Access

Originally Posted by: jreyn1

you are right i meant g note 3rd fret 6th string[/p]

Originally Posted by: jreyn1

you are right i meant g note 3rd fret 6th string[/p]