Quiet Practicing

arsen49ud
arsen49ud
11/26/2020 1:08 am

Hi,

I’ve been playing for a few years now, but have in the last year become a father. Which now means my practice time is limited to the evenings once my son is asleep. I play an electric guitar though, so I was wondering if anyone had any tips for keeping things quiet whilst practicing.

Also wanted to thank Anders Mouridsen for his great lessons!

Thanks,

Cameron

# 1
jimk8882
jimk8882
11/26/2020 3:27 am

First of all, congratulations on becoming a father. As for quiet practice, headphones will do the job. I use them but primarily to spare the family of my repetitive practicing and my many mistakes. Of course this assumes that you don't need to keep an ear open for the baby crying. If you do and/or don't want to use headphones, go ahead and play. It is amazing what babies can adapt to. I recall my daughter when she was a baby and fell asleep in her playpen, I could run the vacuum around and right under the playpen and she would sleep through it. [br][br]

Jim

# 2
arsen49ud
arsen49ud
11/26/2020 3:38 pm
Originally Posted by: jimk8882

First of all, congratulations on becoming a father. As for quiet practice, headphones will do the job. I use them but primarily to spare the family of my repetitive practicing and my many mistakes. Of course this assumes that you don't need to keep an ear open for the baby crying. If you do and/or don't want to use headphones, go ahead and play. It is amazing what babies can adapt to. I recall my daughter when she was a baby and fell asleep in her playpen, I could run the vacuum around and right under the playpen and she would sleep through it. [br][br]

Jim

Thanks Jim, it’s been an incredible experience being a father. As for your tips I appreciate your help, I’ll go ahead and get myself some headphones, hopefully that should do the job.

i appreciate the help. Once my sons a bit older, he should hopefully enjoy me playing around him so I can get some practice on whilst hes awake 😂

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.